SKSE not working

Lorgren

Question

SKSE has appeared to have stopped working all together. It started yesterday 15 Nov.

I am using MO and had downloaded a number of mods, installed them but had not activated them. Tried to launch skyrim via the skse button in MO a small loader window pops up and states "A component of the Skyrim Script Extender has stopped working". It doesn't even start the game. This was working flawlessly the night before.

I have since:

- activated the mods

- deactivated the mods

- uninstalled the mods

- deactivated ALL my mods save vanilla

- restarted steam

- restarted my computer

- installed new nvida drivers

- reinstalled skse 2-3 times as per Gopher's guide and S.T.E.P.'s

- deleted/uninstalled skyrim as per the S.T.E.P. guide

- deleted/uninstalled MO 

- reinstalled skyrim fresh from steam

- reinstalled MO as per S.T.E.P. guide

- reninstalled ONLY SKSE via the S.T.E.P. guide

and i still the the exact same message. Skyrim works fine lauching from the launcher. But in no way can I launch Skyrim with SKSE, via MO or the skse loader.

I have searched many forums and can not find answers to this issues, most can at least launch SKSE from the loader.

Can anyone shed any light on this? I am completely baffled at this point.

post-10487-0-47166100-1479324675_thumb.png

• Answers 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

This is what I am getting from event viewer under error.

Faulting application name: skse_loader.exe, version: 0.1.7.3, time stamp: 0x55611f7d
Faulting module name: a2hooks32.dll, version: 10.0.0.216, time stamp: 0x582b048f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000b4e3
Faulting process id: 0x12f8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d240ea86c15cb5
Faulting application path: C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\skse_loader.exe
Faulting module path: C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\EMSISOFT ANTI-MALWARE\a2hooks32.dll
Report Id: c4e2d923-acdd-11e6-b4d6-7824afbd3961

This is what I am getting from event viewer under information.

Fault bucket 1190360397, type 25
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: skse_loader.exe
P2: 0.1.7.3
P3: 55611f7d
P4: a2hooks32.dll
P5: 10.0.0.216
P6: 582b048f
P7: c0000005
P8: 0000b4e3
P9: 
P10: 

Attached files:
C:\Users\ME\AppData\Local\Temp\WER7AD8.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
C:\Users\ME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_skse_loader.exe_48c74a2ce0499ba118e693e6d04ddf7f3c52b_05918ba9

Analysis symbol: 
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: c4e2d923-acdd-11e6-b4d6-7824afbd3961
Report Status: 0

Going to reinstall my Malware to see if it helps.

Edited by Lorgren

One of the first things I thought of due to the huge problems others have with AV software. I disable all components of it and also turned on the "game mode".

Neither of which I usually need to do, but no go. I even went in this time and manually added the skse_loader.exe to the list of exceptions allowing every possible event I could check off. Still no. Something must changed with that dll file. Of course I know very little about programming and scripts so, I just hope EMSI is willing to do something about it. I will not be uninstalling it every time I wish to play Skyrim.

Holy crap...  

I just added it to the blocked list, nothing,

Excluded the program from monitoring the skyrim folder, nothing,

tried to move the file to my desktop, don't have the rights,

tried archiving it, wont do it.

LOL

Stupid. I gotta leave now. Be back in a few days.

Thanks again for your help Thane.

Interestingly (the polite term), I am having the exact same error, starting about the same time as Lorgren's error. I run Skyrim with SKSE, HiAlgo Boost, and ENB Boost. Have had the same setup for months with no issues. Haven't updated any of that either. My event log is pretty much identical to the above; but has skse_loader.exe and the d3d9.dll as the Faulting Modules, not an AntiVirus/Malware. To my knowledge the only thing updated was Win 7 (x64) on the 9th as above, GeForce Experience (with game overlay), my nVidia driver, added a Razor Chroma Mouse and it's software, and updated LOOT to 10.1. I reinstalled LOOT 8.1 (no change), reinstalled SKSE (no change). I've uninstalled the Razor software and will test that. I also disabled the in-game overlay in GeForce Experience (I think) and will test that. I will post again the results of that.

So this is not just a one-off error. It's driving me mad. If I uninstall the ENB Boost and Hialgo, SKSE throws the error; but vanilla Skyrim will launch. My moded Skyrim versions will not load (infinite loading screen to CTD) as the full SKSE is used there, and not in the Vanilla version. (I use Mod Organizer to launch Skyrim and use the STEP recommended setup for SKSE.)

I am also getting other errors which started at the same time. HiAlgo Boost gives me the error (A Mod Org message, I think) "Unsupported Skyrim® version. HiAlgoBoost is Disabled"; but does seem to start.

I run ENB Boost (ver 236 wrapper binary for HiAlgo) and this is REALLY BAD. If this is installed, I get a message box (which appears to be from nVidia GeForce Experience - can't upload an image, can't figure out how). I can find nothing in the event logs that seem to relate to this error or the HiAlgo Boost error. I tried the latest wrapper binary. No difference. I have not tried the Injector version. Wrapper's been working fine 'till now.

Error box Title: "ENBHost for ENBSeries".

Body: "How to use."

"This is memory host process for ENBSeries modification and it

will be started automatically by the mod, do not run it manually"

Then there is a copyright data for Boris Vorontsov.

And a "Quit" button.

The BAD thing is that message generates infinite versions of itself to the limit of my computer resources. It generates so fast, I almost cannot shutdown the computer. Keeps shifting focus to itself. Task manager is useless. There are SO MANY of these messages I can't kill them fast enough. The only way to stop it is to reboot/shutdown.

I run McAffee Antivirus, which I cannot edit to exclude programs. Doesn't have that or a gaming feature. I have several Malware programs; but they haven't been updated as I haven't run scans for a while. As far as I know they do not passively scan.

I can't run modded Skyrim at all now without ENB Boost. Won't load. (SKSE error "might" be the reason there...)

Game runs through Steam and Mod Organizer.

I have a 2015 Alienware 17 notebook

Windows 7 - 64-bit

i7

8 GB Ram

OS and games run off SSD's

nVidia GTX-970

Tried verifying the game cache with Steam. No difference.

Have not tried reinstalling Skyrim. Not sure that will make any difference.

I have most of the same software and versions on my desktop; which runs Skyrim OK. (Slow as it's a Core-2 Duo with nVidia GT-640.)

Sorry about the long post. Frustrating couple days...

This is REALLY puzzling. Any thoughts?

Need anything to help troubleshoot?

If this is better in another forum area - let me know.