Can I disable Enhanced Blood Textures (with STEP Extended Patch)

VoicelessDruid

I installed STEP Extended as I wanted all the mods in it, except for Enhanced Blood Textures (not a fan of blood/gore). However, I didn't want to manually have to patch the game past Core, so I installed it and then was able to use the Extended patch.

My question now is, can I disable it somehow? I'm assuming disabling the EBT plugin will cause issue? I don't necessarily want to get rid of blood entirely, as the vanilla game was fine, but I definitely don't want the large pools (bright red because of lighting) and other things that I can't disable. Thanks!

NOTE: I am aware of no-blood mods, but that would be a last restort

Edited by VoicelessDruid

You can modify its behavior in the MCM menu.

Unfortunately, the MCM doesn't permit disabling the mod itself. From the mod page:

Q: Can I use this mod to disable blood?

No.

I would like to disable the mod so that the standard Skyrim textures display, but am worried that the patch will crash.

Edited by VoicelessDruid

No, this mod is a master to the Extended Patch so it will crash if you remove it. You'll have to remove the mod from the patch, but that more advanced.

Ah, that does make sense. Is there a clear way of doing that on the wiki somewhere, or will I have to figure it out (probably can do this, but why bother if it already exists somewhere)? I just couldn't find anything on this anywhere.