CTD in certain areas near Whiterun with DynDOLOD

jackyaz

Question

Here's what's in my Crash Log btw:

Crash info:
2016_11_20_16-29-28 - CC426E: V(1); EAX(30); EBX(2AB0FED0); ECX(3F7FBE22); EDX(0); ESI(5B127B40); EDI(29756860); EBP(FFFFFFFE); ESP(2AB0FE5C); STACK(AADB4D C6C1B4 4CE27E 401739 474843 434B68 6F3B9D 6F3A33 A4E31E A4B4A0 A4BB02 A4B4A0 A4B4A0 A4B4A9 A4B4A0);

Hope it helps somehow

I had the Particle Patch from 5 January 2014

Newest on EnbDev is 15 Nov. I suspect this may be a factor. In particular 09/02/2015 - Fixed yet another Whiterun window...[/size]

Sheson, are you able to shed any light on how we check the Particle Patch for incompatibilities, if it is the cause?

I suggest to remove all new files in effects folder added by last update

15/11/2016 - Improved embers found in various firepits and sconces, now controllable by [WINDOWLIGHT] parameters.

Not quite sure why anyone would want to control firepits and scones by WINDOWLIGHT instead of FIRE?

No need to generate LOD again, it will just the vanilla files automatically.

If you want to investigate more closely: Most fxfires have a LOD version in DynDOLOD\lod\effects\fxfire...dyndolod_lod.nif

Only if it uses a non dyndolod_lod.nif for LOD does it cause a crash when using such a mesh with the neverfade flag. For example fxfirewithembers01_lite.nif

Not sure why yet, I didn't have time to look at the new nifs yet what might cause this.

Instead of removing the particle meshes for example, you could copy the working vanilla fxfirewithembers01_lite.nif to fxfirewithembers01_lite_dyndolod_lod.nif and any other that doesn't exist already. Then generate LOD. It will then use the vanilla mesh for LOD which are know to not cause CTD. However, latest particle patch and vanilla fires can then look obviously different due to the changes. I will have to look further into this when I have more time.

Edited by sheson

All files in the subfolder: meshes -> effects from the 15th of November

Those were:

fxfirewithembers01.nif

fxfirewithembers01_cheap.nif

fxfirewithembers01_lite.nif

fxfirewithembers02.nif

fxfirewithembers02toggle.nif

fxfirewithembers03.nif

fxfirewithembersheavytoggle.nif

fxfirewithemberslogs01.nif