Parallax textures not working.

Dijkstra

Question

Hello.

I have installed some parallax textures and the arnt working. I have vivid landscapes and skyrim hd - parallax tribute. Those are my main texture mods. I have enboost on. So my thinking is that thats why parallax isnt working. I use MO.

Thanks for reading. Any help would be appreciated.

Here are some screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/b2De7

Also my modwatch: https://modwat.ch/u/JABBA2000

I have crash fixes so i don't use the SKSE lines. I find crash fixes better because it reduces my loading screen time by a lot. I will do as you say. If i have any problems i will post here. Just how do i use a preset and enboost if possible. If not how do i make my game more stable with an enb.

Oh and also if that isn't possible is there a way to lower the enb so it doesn't to that big of a performance hit.

I've never used crash fixes and likely never will so I can not recommend it to anyone else, I've described in my previous post how to get the most performance out of ENB while using the graphical feature, STEP themselves have a particularly good ENB section that you could browse through for all the help and tips you could need and it's been done by people far more advanced than I with way more knowledge than me in this field, take a look and do a little bit of reading, it will benefit you greatly in the long run ::):

Yes i know my specs. My pc is not good. Its really old so thats why i was using enb with speedhack. I can tell you my specs if you want.

Also with enb on parallax isnt working.

If you have a really old computer with the bare minimum to run Skyrim then you'll likely struggle with an ENB and parallax is designed to be run with an ENB, it also depends heavily on which parallax mod your using or if it came with a texture pack such as Hein's Vivid compilation.s

Edited by Rebel47

Yes im using the vivid mods. All of them. 

My specs can run vanilla skyrim at ultimate with 60fps. Now i have a modded game with a lot of mods and 1-2k texture mods. I get always above 40fps but there are stutters from time to time (most noticeable when entering combat). I got tetrachromatic enb and now i have 20fps. Its a really heavy enb and tomorrow i will uninstall that one and use a low performance enb. I can you a medium one but i want more fps.

Also the parallax isnt working with enb wet up perfectly fine. I get all the features except parallax. Its weird.

With this pc i can run the witcher 3 on half medium half low settings with 25-30fps.

Edited by Dijkstra

Well I've had a quick look and found 2 presets, one which is similar to the preset your using now, which is Snapdragon Prime ENB and the other is a more somber ENB with less flamboyancy Phinix Natural ENB

If you can run 250+ esp's and texture mods too then running either enb above shouldn't kill your performance, but a recommendation is to turn off DOF as it's distracting and costs quite a lot of fps.

Well if you've done the ini tweaks I told you to then the problem is with the mods, I would probably ask Hein himself on one of the vivid modpages why you can't see parallax.

Technically all ENB's are compatible but they won't look right unless they are done for the weather mod, incidentally the 2 I linked are not made with Vivid weathers in mind, Tetrachromatic has a version done for Vivid weathers but is performance costly for you, so try Vividian ENB (by MangaClub - Author of Vivid weathers) and see if that's better suited to you and your systems performance.

Edited by Rebel47

Ok with the enb on i still get **** fps (with dof off). Now my question is. To get the parallax working can i disable all the enb functions except the ones i like. So i have an enb with god rays and small things like that. Here is how my game looks with snapdragon.

https://imgur.com/a/DsHLW

with enb for some reason i have very little grass in my game and i have verdant grass se to 80.

You can disable any ENB functions you want to give you the performance you desire, also you may be interested in this little tidbit though

this fix/mod ENB Terrain parallax fix helps to make it work better, on that link, download the 2nd option for Vivid Landscapes which helps with parallax on landscapes

I can't recall if you mentioned using Skyrim HD - Terrain Parallax or not, but if you are I would advise against it, unless your using the original Skyrim HD overhaul.

So to recap, if your not using Skyrim HD but you've got Skyrim HD Parallax Terrain mod in, then uninstall that (as it requires Skyrim HD to look right) and install ENB Terrain Parallax Fix for Vivid Landscapes instead

Edited by Rebel47

Well with vividan the game looks great. There is one problem..... i don't have any parallax. I got the mod you said and there is no parallax. I saw the roads and nope nothing flat as hell. And then there is also another problem. I have a lot of mod like tons. Over 70 mcm menus. Over 300 esps (merged). And now i have an enb without enboost one very lets say 20 to 40 min i crash. No reason i just freez. Crash fixes says stack full so that means i reached 512. Now is there a way to make the enb take less of my fps and to fill up the 512 stack slower.

So your main issue is that the roads don't have parallax, Vivid and that vivid patch I told you to get don't cover parallax for the roads that I am aware of, and I believe even in one of Hein's mod pages he recommends getting a road mod to better provide parallax for the roads of skyrim, I am somewhat amazed given your total number of mods and MCM menu's in game and am very surprised that your not crashing every 5 seconds, this at least now explains why you need crash fixes.

Stacks or blocks are what the game loads in at the start, SKSE.ini does this on startup with it's memory function and Crash Fixes is "supposed" to negate that completely devoiding the need to use SKSE.ini, however since I know so very little about Crash Fixes, and will not be using it or attempting to learn anything about it, this will have to be answered by someone else.

The ENB is likely not the reason why your hitting the limit for the reasons mentioned above, if anyone else can provide a more detailed answer about crash fixes then by all means do so ::):

Edited by Rebel47