Rise of The Tomb Raider Recommended Settings

Darth_mathias

Hey guys I have I have just purchased Rise of the Tomb Raider and i look for the best/recommended setting for a GTX 980ti.

I tend to like to run Vsync through the driver as i always find it to be smoother on FPS for my system. I also tend to turn of DOF as it gives me eye ache. I would like to push it as far as i can with little to no fps drop.

It runs pretty damn good for me with no fps drop and all effects on. I'm running a 4gb 670. Sure you could max it out with your system. ::):

ok thanks i am running max settings only thing is did was run VSync through the driver and turn off DOF and everything work fine for the first 2 hours or so but just hit the first campsite in Siberia and every 2 seconds Blue screen of death (or in my case grey screen of nothingness then restart). My driver is up to date so only thing i can think is the game doesn't like running VSync through the driver.

All i want to do is play my game in peace without having to deal with this crap is that too much to ask.

Edited by Darth_mathias

Have you run the internal Benchmark to see what the game itself recommends you to set your system at for optimal gaming ?

Also without any mods (if there is any) or enb/reshade presets with your card you should be able to run it comfortably at 2560x1440 (according to Nvidia themselves) - https://www.geforce.co.uk/whats-new/guides/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-graphics-and-performance-guide

If your into a little bit of research about the game and it's settings then I can recommend you take a look at this page https://in2gpu.com/2016/04/12/rise-tomb-raider-performance-guide-updated/

Hope any of this is at least a little bit helpful to you ::):

thanks i have it setup almost as per Geforce optimizer suggests I do have Vsync is running through driver as i find it best for stable fps. I have also reinstalled the DirectX that came with and the driver crashing issue appears to have stopped so i am now a happy bunny and i can play my shiny new game.