Beards (by Hvergelmir)

Jorus

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose that I will have to review the beards/brows mods again myself and post a couple of relevant screens, but I can say that HQ beards/brows are not necessarily better than Beards now, and we will recommend whichever is best in terms of quality and complementarity.

• 11 months later...

I was wondering why we are keeping the ESP for this mod and not consider removing it...

Unlike Brows from the same author where there is a Hvergelmir folder and brows created by the mod author, used and shown in TES5 the Beards download ( both High and Normal res folders ) only comes with 4 vanilla high res beard textures, one of which it seems (beardshort08.dds) is missing its n.dds, not sure.

If you check in TES5 it would seem there should be other textures from himself but they are not there. Might even cause issues ? I dunno...

Clarified by the  mod author.

Beards does not need custom textures for the additional beards added by the .esp. They use the same textures. So yes, you only need 4 textures.

my post at Nexus:

Hello Ithot, I downloaded both Hires and Normal version and the folder only contain 4 vanilla reworked textures... checked in TES5 and like your Brows mod I think the package should contain some folders from yourself ? , I read through the previous posts so perhaps the ESP just activates the other beards... But I am just a bit confused because I do have a folder in Brows with your work in it

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is being picky, but doesn't STEP alphabetical order make it so we should have this before Bellyaches Creature Pack? It doesn't overwrite anything at all. Or is proper thinking that 83Willows actually starts the list but Bellyaches has to be installed above it? I guess it is a matter of perspective.

• 2 years later...

The mod has recently been updated to v4.1 (no v3, apparently), with completely new textures, but it seems there are a few problems with them as can be seen in this comment on the SE mod page. It's the same with the original Skyrim, I checked.

Until this is solved, people should stick to v2.0.

Oh, and nobody should install these 4k textures. Ever. Trust me, you will never see them in full resolution in the game.

• 2 months later...

The mod has recently been updated to v4.1 (no v3, apparently), with completely new textures, but it seems there are a few problems with them as can be seen in this comment on the SE mod page. It's the same with the original Skyrim, I checked.

Oh, and nobody should install these 4k textures. Ever. Trust me, you will never see them in full resolution in the game.

Thanks, I was wondering if I should make this update sor the original edition.

• 2 years later...

Should we install the version 5.0?

Redid all textures and normals from scratch. Was never satisfied with the previous version I rushed out when SSE was released.

Should we install the version 5.0?

Redid all textures and normals from scratch. Was never satisfied with the previous version I rushed out when SSE was released.

Yes, the full / denser beards look better than ever without question. You might prefer the short beard styles of 4.1 better though, it's a matter of taste and I fully understand why some would prefer those, and wouldn't hold it against them (I attempted to stay more true to vanilla in 5.0, even if it meant a few beards wouldn't look as good as before). I haven't received any requests to leave those beards the way they were in 4.1 though, but if I start getting them I might do an update with new (custom) textures with the same density for the short beards like they had in 4.1