My Mod Organizer won't Reckognize Skyrim SE

Krushan

Question

Hi,

I just downloaded Mod Organizer for Skyrim Special Edition, but I have a problem:

My Mod Organizer (v.2.0.8) won't recognize Skyrim Special Edition, even though I installed it right into the directory. I even tried to do it manually, but MO just tells me that there is no game inside of my Dkyrim SE folder. 

Already reinstalled both MO and Skyrim SE and even deinstalled old Skyrim, I just don't know what else to try. 

Hope someone can help me.

6 answers to this question

I'm having the the same problem with MO 2.0.8.1b for SSE atm. I've tried launching both the SkyrimSE Launcher and the regular SkyrimSE.exe but MO2 won't recognise the SSE location, only the OldRim location.

If it's also any help i have all my games on a separate hard drive to the regular C: drive.

I'll try mucking around with it a bit more later to see if something randomly gets it to detect.

Edited by fuiery

Ok so after some mucking around and changing the gameName= and gamePath= to Skyrim Special Edition instead of just Skyrim in the ModOrganizer.ini file, MO2 now recognises the correct location and .exe-s and i have managed to connect to my nexus account, yah :)

I'm now having a problem with the Dawnguard, Hearthfires and Dragonborn .esm-s not showing up in the left hand window. They show perfectly fine in the right hand window just not the left. Is it suppose to be like that for the SSE version?    

I'm now having a problem with the Dawnguard, Hearthfires and Dragonborn .esm-s not showing up in the left hand window. They show perfectly fine in the right hand window just not the left. Is it suppose to be like that for the SSE version?    

Don't knock yourself out over this, that is the way it is working for me also.