v2.08.1b force load plug-in after LOOT sorting

tjax323

Question

Morning to all. Just wanted to identify an issue. The current version of LOOT cited in my topic title is force loading an unchecked plug-in after sorting. It's easy for me to fix after sorting, so I'm not whining about it, but for users of SSE that use Helgen Reborn on a new save, it will be an issue even though it's communicated on the mod page, because of this LOOT issue in MO2. That mod requires leaving the plugin unchecked until after getting through Helgen in the opening of a new save game. Is this the kind of thing we should report in github as a bug for El Presidente? I wanted to at least have this in here for other folks trying to figure out the problem. Since MO2 isn't "managing" bsa archives like MO 32bit right now, it's not really what I'd call a serious issue, but I can see newbies, which I was not all that long ago, coming across this problem.

Note: if you've landed here trying to figure out why your new game shows nothing but a cart at the beginning because you're not in it, the problem is you might have accidentally re-activated the Helgen Reborn esp after running & applying a LOOT sort. Just untick the Helgen Reborn plug-in in MO2 and you should be fine.

9 answers to this question

As an update, I received a message this morning from Github indicating this issue is now resolved and fixed by Le Presidente. I  actually had a few messages with one especially indicating that he plans to release another update with a few more bugs fixed, and that this would be one of them. I just can't seem to find the right link. Once found, I will post it here. In the interim, this is the Github link showing this "bug" as officially confirmed closed by Le Presidente, so it appears the fix is inbound with the next update.

Source-> Github bug fixed here

Note to moderator: Any chance we could mark this as solved considering the closed bug report?

Edit: I think this is the link I posted about earlier showing the process 5 error as fixed here

Edited by tjax323

Is this Helgen Reborn or Helgen Reborn for SSE? The latter is currently hidden so I can't see what it is you are referring to.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3118/?

Is hidden

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5673/?

This seem to be by the original author.

Looks like one got taken down or it was renumbered?

It's the latter. Not really essential. There is no problem with the mod. You can replicate this with any plugin. Uncheck anything you want, then run LOOT. Apply a sort, so that something is changed. All plugins in your list will be rechecked. It's easy to address for the user, but it is necessary and could cause problems for some folks. I posted this here as a question originally, but it's more of an FYI now as it's not a user issue-- confirmed "bug". Minor in my opinion, but confirmed nonetheless.

it is not just with the Helgen reborn mod.

I have 7 mods doing this right now to me.  Most notable one is the Bijin series.  An AIO esp has been added so you must uncheck all the esps for the individual ones.  In LOOT they are coded to DISABLE ESP and when I double check before closing they are in fact disabled.

Upon returning to Mod Organizer they become enabled.

Note that this was not happening with the previous versions of both loot/mod organizer.

Correct. I posted this as an observation, and stated in the post above yours it's any plug-in, not just Helgen. I can replicate this with any mod's plug-in, and as stated it's a confirmed bug at Github. Source: here

Edited by tjax323