Photo

LOOT keeps older mods' list (inactivate mods)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 lupus_hegemonia

lupus_hegemonia

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 04:15 AM

Greets.

Don't know if this is the correct place to write this; I have a strange issue (to me, probably). I have the Legendary Edition of Skyrim full of mods (about 220), using MO.

Now, I thought to give a shot and play around with SE (I know, without SKSE & SkyUI, there is no really big expectation). I did it, I didn't like the result, I removed and re-install SSE and then tried better (and with more patience) to modding SSE. But when I tried to run LOOT for first time about the SSE version (with just about 30 mods only), I saw the LOOT list FULL OF THE PREVIOUS 110 mods I had! LOOT says "30 mods active, 100+ so inactive". Why LOOT keeps the old SSE mod list, since I removed the game and reinstalled it, removed the mods, etc.???

Is there any way to UPDATE the LOOT list or remove it and re-create it somehow?

Because is very annoying, watching a huge mod list (with most of them not installed now) and don't know which I have installed (now) and which I don't...

Any help?

PS: I'm using MO for the Skyrim Legendary and NMM for the SSE - since there isn't SKSE & SkyUI and so, I didn't want to use the (better) MO for SSE as well (for now)...

Edited by lupus_hegemonia, 10 January 2017 - 04:17 AM.

#2 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,570 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:00 AM

You can change the game LOOT is running for at the top of the LOOT window.

#3 lupus_hegemonia

lupus_hegemonia

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 12:05 PM

You missing my point. I was using LOOT with both, Legendary & SE. I had 150+ for SE, but I re-installed SE and started all over again the modding in SE. Now, I have 35... but in LOOT, with SSE enable, the list is THE OLD ONE - plus the new I have now.

So, I want FRESH LOOT order, with ONLY my new 35 (not the rest, previous, 150 I had)...

#4 lupus_hegemonia

lupus_hegemonia

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 02:09 PM

I did it twice, STILL there are all these previous mods in Nexus Plugin list - so LOOT "reading" them, but not activating them (of course).

HOW to DELETE them from Nexus MM Plugin's list???????

It's very confusing, trying to install mods...and already "are" in Plugin list tree!

#5 Ilkob

Ilkob

Prisoner

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:17 PM

Maybe the old mods were not properly uninstalled and are still present in Games\Nexus Mod Manager\SkyrimSE\Mods\VirtualInstall?

Edited by Ilkob, 10 January 2017 - 10:21 PM.

#6 lupus_hegemonia

lupus_hegemonia

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:05 AM

I'm deleting EVERYTHING, all SSE & Nexus, everywhere, including LocalData (the hided Windows folders) etc.

I don't understand... is there ANY DAMN action in NMM, to simply REMOVE the damn plugins from the Plugins list??? Am I asking too much?! Or at least to be UNSEEN (in NMM & LOOT)!

I want a clean list in NMM & LOOT, just my new mods I'm installing, not all the rest inactive previous ones...

I made a plan (in Acrobat) with all the mods I want to add in SSE, and how and which ones are depending from other mods. So, i have "a tree" of mods and I want to see them ONLY THEM, in NMM & LOOT. Is very disturbing & annoying, watching 100 more inactive mods in my new fresh SSE list...

Edited by lupus_hegemonia, 11 January 2017 - 06:07 AM.

#7 GSDFan

GSDFan

Jarl

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:59 PM

Did you check the "Some_Drive_letter:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Game_Name\Install Info" folder? The bold words are generic, change for your system.

#8 lupus_hegemonia

lupus_hegemonia

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:50 AM

Obviously. I'm saying, I'm typing "Nexus" to search and EVERYTHING (folder or not) I'm deleting them, BEFORE re-install Nexus MM...

#9 NexusBethesdaTrash

NexusBethesdaTrash

Prisoner

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 02:09 PM

Same problem, no solution.

Had loot and a few mods on an old laptop, built a new pc, installed loot, nexus remembers old installs and tells me to clean my **** up without providing a way to delete their shitty invasive registry errors.

Just trying to play a stable version of skyrim that doesn't have buggy npcs so i can maybe do a side quest or two without fixing bugs in the ini file every 5 ******* minutes.

bump

#10 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,570 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 04:09 PM

I don't know what NMM uses to store the plugin list but the default location is: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\GAMEFOLODER\plugins.txt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users