[Mod Organizer 2/SSE] Is there something I may have missed?

Thenatural

Question

Recently I decided to get back into modding, and until now, have been making small little guides for NMM, mostly for friends to help get them off and running with SE and a small amount of mods. A week or so ago, I decided to give MO2 a try after hearing about the most recent beta release working very well for quite a few people. I installed it using the manual installation methods I use to use when installing a separate instance of MO1 for testing, and for a while, things seemed to be good, but I am running into a handful of issues that can be worked around, but some of them I don't see being mentioned on the forums, and I feel as if I must have done something terribly wrong during installation. 

Right now, MO2 recognizes SSE, I have LooT, SSEEdit, FNIS, and Wrye Bash running through it and putting things (bashed patch, FNIS info, Backups, etc) where they should

However, MO2 is not locking when LooT is running, and my changes to the load order are not translating to my MO2 load order, which I can, of course, work around, but I'd rather not. 

Also, my ini changes to my current default profile within MO2 do not have any bearing on the game. Only when I change them in the Documents folder do they change.

Are these issues that are common? I have tried to look around for a known issues/workarounds thread, but I haven't had any luck. 

Thanks folks! 

10 answers to this question

I want to say those are common issues that many of us face with MO2. I can at least say that everything works fine for me also with the exception of what you have outlined. From what I've also noticed, others have had to rely on 'workarounds' as well (i.e. Mod Organizer 2 SSE Sync Plugins Batch) to bypass these quirks. Given that MO2 is in beta phase at this time, if the development proceeds then these should get sorted out one way or another. You may want to follow the issues list over at GitHub. I've found one two related to what you wrote about:

2.0.8.1 Plug in list not being remembered when external tools are used #30

Local Game Settings and Savegames are not working #17

Edited by Kedavix

Win10 pro using the "portable" option of MO2 I have not a single issue you mentioned above, LooT sorting is working and .ini settings are saved . I suppose those issues you have comes when you use the appdata method and not the portable one.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Edited by remlnx

I want to say those are common issues that many of us face with MO2. I can at least say that everything works fine for me also with the exception of what you have outlined. From what I've also noticed, others have had to rely on 'workarounds' as well (i.e. Mod Organizer 2 SSE Sync Plugins Batch) to bypass these quirks. Given that MO2 is in beta phase at this time, if the development proceeds then these should get sorted out one way or another. You may want to follow the issues list over at GitHub. I've found one two related to what you wrote about:

2.0.8.1 Plug in list not being remembered when external tools are used #30

Local Game Settings and Savegames are not working #17

Win10 pro using the "portable" option of MO2 I have not a single issue you mentioned above, LooT sorting is working and .ini settings are saved . I suppose those issues you have comes when you use the appdata method and not the portable one.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I was using the portable install method, and had tried reinstalling a couple of times but the LooT issue persisted, however, after trying a third time last night, I was able to get loot to function correctly, I have no idea how this happened, but it may have been not reinstalling LooT, and leaving the original LooT install in place before reinstalling MO2, but I don't know. 

However, my ini changes within MO do not affect the game, I still have to use the inis in the data folder. I test this by using the sintrosequence line to test, and it only skips the beth logo when the line is adden to the ini in the documents folder.  

I don't understand why Tannin had to add the appdata file structure. I can't even locate it on my computer trying to follow it from the MO settings. IMO he broke something that did not need fixed because the way worked fine

I agree, the option has caused much confusing with memebers of my discord channel. 

I don't understand why Tannin had to add the appdata file structure. I can't even locate it on my computer trying to follow it from the MO settings. IMO he broke something that did not need fixed because the way worked fine

Using the AppData folder is actually the recommended method Microsoft instructs developers to use, so @Tannin was simply going down the path of least resistance when he implemented this change.

Since it is a hidden folder you will only see if you have hidden folders made visible in your Windows settings.

Using the AppData folder is actually the recommended method Microsoft instructs developers to use, so @Tannin was simply going down the path of least resistance when he implemented this change.

Since it is a hidden folder you will only see if you have hidden folders made visible in your Windows settings.

Ahh ok. I wasn't trying to cut on Tannin. I know He is way smarter than I am at this. Now I just have to figure out how to unhide it. Do you think I should use the portable version or the separate version.

Ahh ok. I wasn't trying to cut on Tannin. I know He is way smarter than I am at this. Now I just have to figure out how to unhide it. Do you think I should use the portable version or the separate version.

Navigate to %localappdata% (type that in an address bar or the start menus search) and open the Mod Organizer 2 folder.

• +1 1

For a number of reasons, a few of which are directly related to gaming and optimizing your PC, you might want to unhide all hidden folders. In windows 10 you can do this by opening up explorer, selecting Veiw, then navigating to folder and search options, then under the view tab there you can checkmark the box to show hidden files/folders. 

• +1 1