Nexus IDS

oStarZ

Question

So none of my mods on my mod organizer has IDs anymore. I would like to know if there was a convenient way to get all the IDs like the feature on nexus mod manager. I don't want to go through over 100 mods and copy and paste the IDs.

10 answers to this question

No, all the IDs are gone somehow. I made a new pc and transferred my skyrim special edition to my new drive and now all the IDs are gone. I know about the column already, the IDs are just all gone.

Welcome to STEP @oStarZ

I'm assuming you mean the column for displaying them is now not showing, not that each mod has somehow had their ID stripped.

Invoke the context menu for the left-hand pane by right-clicking and then select: 'NexusIDs'.

Okay then the next question will be: How did you transfer the previous install across?

The actual details of all installed mods (and for that matter all downloaded mods) are stored in 'meta.ini' text files that detail all such information. (The download files are actually in this format: <download_name>.meta).

Check to ensure that after you transferred your mods you changed the settings in the new instance to "Download Meta Information" on the 'General' tab of the 'Settings'.

Okay then the next question will be: How did you transfer the previous install across?

The actual details of all installed mods (and for that matter all downloaded mods) are stored in 'meta.ini' text files that detail all such information. (The download files are actually in this format: <download_name>.meta).

Check to ensure that after you transferred your mods you changed the settings in the new instance to "Download Meta Information" on the 'General' tab of the 'Settings'.

All I did was dragged the whole skyrim special edition folder from my old drive to my new drive.

Can you examine any of the 'meta.ini' files for an installed mod? If the old drive is still working and has the previous install check those as well. I have never seen that detail vanish before and fail to understand why it would, unless that setting was set after those files were parsed by MO2. If they are now showing as 0 then unfortunately the only recourse I see is either manual edit all those files or reinstall each mod, overwriting the existing install. 

Can you examine any of the 'meta.ini' files for an installed mod? If the old drive is still working and has the previous install check those as well. I have never seen that detail vanish before and fail to understand why it would, unless that setting was set after those files were parsed by MO2. If they are now showing as 0 then unfortunately the only recourse I see is either manual edit all those files or reinstall each mod, overwriting the existing install. 

It seems like no meta.ini files are in any of the mod folders. Thanks anyways, but I was wondering why my load order doesn't change when I run LOOT through MO2.

Well there's the explanation for the missing NexusIDs, you probably missed those when you copied the original folders.

I believe MO2 currently has an issue with LOOT and WB regarding the load order being reverted. Check the GitHub issues page for solutions in the future for updates.

Thanks anyways, but I was wondering why my load order doesn't change when I run LOOT through MO2.

If the directory structure has changed from the old location to the new location, drive letters or paths, then that will happen. In the paths tab in settings check that the "Base Directory" is pointing to the correct user location on your machine. Also do the same thing if you had changed any other paths settings.

I just lost an HDD that held some information to that drive and had to go into the settings to change them to the new drive letter.

As for the missing Nexus IDs not sure about that I am not aware of any quick / bulk way to do that. If you double click on the mod and look at the information page do you see any information there? I am guessing no as you do not have the meta.ini in the folders. If there is you can try to refresh and see if it will populate the Nexus ID.

Alternatively if when you installed the mods and used the option to select the have the nexus ID as the folder, Mod_Name v3.2-2228-3-2, Then when you are in the info pane all you have to do is type that in, it will be in the window title, and refresh and the meta.ini will be created.