Issues with modding F:NV(missing meshes, 100% missing NPC models, etc.) - Details inside w/ modlist

UndeadNecro

Question

Purple skin on models(Using roberts, saw the error on a AWOP mercenary by the saloon at start of game), completely missing models on people (e.g. Sunny Smiles, not sure if FCO and Improved Sunny Smiles mods conflict, Improved Sunny Smiles changes her model's outfit but not sure about body, so I think?), missing(I think?) Flora from the Flora Overhaul, missing interior graphics(so I assume interior overhaul messed up too). I'm using Mod Organizer so I can only assume it messed up along the way...? I also removed the Flora Overhaul from MO and manually put it into the New Vegas data folder, didn't fix it. No idea what is wrong. I even used LOOT and double-checked to make sure everything works together. Possibly one issue is mods that have "patches" which need to be put over the "core files". Should I manually position my load order in MO so that the patches are added after the core files, and presumably are overwritten?

Copy + Pasted from a Reddit post, was looking for places to seek help with this problem and found very few.

Mod list is here : https://textuploader.com/d1cp2

EDIT: And no idea how to remove the white background, I assume that's from the copy + paste

Edited by UndeadNecro

3 answers to this question

You have FOOK and Project Nevada, so are you using the FOOK Project Nevada Convergence mod? https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/54398/?

You probably have more than 135 plugins active. Around 130 the game just goes haywire and weird things happen. Maybe try Wrye Bash and use the bashed patch to reduce the amount of plugins you have or use merge plugins standalone by Mator off the Skyrim Nexus.

You have FOOK and Project Nevada, so are you using the FOOK Project Nevada Convergence mod? https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/54398/?

You probably have more than 135 plugins active. Around 130 the game just goes haywire and weird things happen. Maybe try Wrye Bash and use the bashed patch to reduce the amount of plugins you have or use merge plugins standalone by Mator off the Skyrim Nexus.

I've always used FOOK and Project Nevada seperately, as the FOOK PN Convergence mod is just the both put into one mod IIRC? Correct me if I'm wrong. I also don't think FOOK would mess with a lot of the meshes, would it?

I'm not great with using Bashed patches, one of the reasons why I haven't modded Oblivion to-date. I actually don't think I have that many mods... At least, not more than 130, that's for sure. 

EDIT: Should I just install FOOK PN Convergence and delete the patches from PN and use the files from FOOK PN Convergence?

Edited by UndeadNecro

Well missing meshes are the big red exclamation point and missing textures are going to show as purple, green, or the incorrect texture. You have some kind of missing textures or the meshes can't find the texture they need. FOOK PN convergence doesn't combine them into one mod, it patches both mods together, so you still need the original FOOK and PN.

Check your plugins tab in MO and see how many active plugins there are. The mod index is in hexadecimal so you have to convert it. 82 is 130 plugins.