No mods showing in Loot

kenzman

Question

Long time user of MO and trying the current build of 2.0.8.3 with Loot 10.3.  Everything seems to work just fine.   I can run Loot from MO and run Skyrim from MO no issues.  Once in Skyrim i can see the 1 mod i have installed (USLEEP) but Loot only shows Skyrim and DLC .esm's as being installed.  I have tried moving things around and uninstalling and reinstalling many times.   I've come to a dead end at this point and I'm hoping someone here can help.   Running windows 10 64bit.

That plugin is not necessary if you use @LePresidente's fork of MO2. My advice is to remove your current install and use just that fork.

Come to think of it... I am not actually using that plugin anymore. I did not realize LePresidente's upload was a fork, but I am using that fork. I previously used the Tannin's beta 3 v2.0.7 along with the SkyrimSE plugin that I linked before, but uninstalled it since I had problems (the same problem as now + nxm links not working with Special Edition). Sorry for the confusion.

I use LOOT (current version) v0.10.3 and the xEdits are v3.2 (current version). I have tried LOOT v0.10.2, v0.10.1, v0.10.0, v0.9.2.0, v0.8.1, v0.7.1, v0.6.1. I have tried installing LOOT and Mod Organizer to the default folders, and also to (subfolders in) the Skyrim folder.

I now tried using v1.3.11 (latest Tannin version) to manage original Skyrim, which posed the same issue (I only tried LOOT though, not TES5Edit). The same issue is prevalent with v2.0.7 (current LePresidente version) with original Skyrim too (not just Special Edition). For each install I deleted the ModOrganizer main directory and ModOrganizer local appdata directory, and I added the command line argument in MO for LOOT that you suggested.

The combination of Mod Organizer v1.2.14 (older version) and LOOT v0.6.1 (latest version before the material design) does work! However nxm links does not work (though not the same issue as with Tannin's MO beta 3 + TESVSE plugin). And of course, this is not a solution for Special Edition.

The combination Mod Organizer v1.2.14 and LOOT (current version) v0.10.3 does not work.

I have launched both Skyrim and Skyrim Special Edition from Steam, opened the options in the launcher, loading the game up and loading a save file. I also ran LOOT and xEdit outside Mod Organizer. Installing a plugin manually into the data folder and running LOOT and TES5Edit without Mod Organizer does work. I have also tried re-installing LOOT and the xEdits. I have tried restarting the computer.

Steam is running when Mod Organizer is started.

I have tried closing all background applications etc.

This is a fairly fresh Windows installation.

I now tried uninstalling original Skyrim ("Oldrim") to see if the problem was related to having both original and Special Edition installed. It did not help.

can you check if copying your plugin list from your mod organizer profile to the SSE app data plugin file without the dlc fixes the issue.

This mod explains it better https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2827/?

For me, since the issue is not specific to Special Edition, I do not think this is related. The batch file you linked deletes and creates a new plugin.txt file in %localappdata%\Skyrim Special Edition. But I do not have a plugin.txt file there (though the batch creates one). I think maybe that is only if you use Steam Workshop mods? Either way, it did not solve my problem. But thank you.

Edited by TorNyan

Yes. The ESP plugins that are activated in Mod Organizer does not show up in LOOT nor xEdit, but they work in-game. But it is not simply a LOOT problem, because when I tried installing a plugin manually by extracting it to the data folder and running LOOT outside Mod Organizer, that worked. The mods from Mod Organizer does not get loaded into LOOT, it seems. Like maybe it is a bug with the virtual folder system? But then again, it works with SSE and the Creation Kit but not with LOOT and xEdit. When launching Skyrim Special Edition from Mod Organizer and clicking Mods and then Load Order from the title screen menu, my mods are all there.

When launching LOOT from Mod Organizer, the text "MO is locked while executable is running." appears briefly and disappears as soon as LOOT is started.

The sort function in Mod Organizer does work.

Other things that I have tried:
I have tried deleting the LOOT and xEdit executables from Mod Organizer and adding it again.

I have tried using the "--single-process" argument for LOOT in Mod Organizer.

I have tried setting full control permissions to users and authenticated users for ModOrganizer and LOOT folders including their local appdata folders.

Screenshot of Mod Organizer, and LOOT run through Mod Organizer

sI9hoBu99YvMCs9i.png

Screenshot of Mod Organizer, and SSEEdit run through Mod Organizer

gKLlfxsjOasuehq5.png

%localappdata%\LOOT\CEFDebugLog.txt

[0415/170333:ERROR:main_delegate.cc(752)] Could not load cef_extensions.pak

%localappdata%\LOOT\LOOTDebugLog.txt

%localappdata%\LOOT\settings.yaml

games:
  - path: ""
    registry: Software\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Installed Path
    name: "TES IV: Oblivion"
    type: Oblivion
    repo: https://github.com/loot/oblivion.git
    folder: Oblivion
    master: Oblivion.esm
    branch: v0.10
  - type: Skyrim
    folder: Skyrim
    name: "TES V: Skyrim"
    repo: https://github.com/loot/skyrim.git
    master: Skyrim.esm
    registry: Software\Bethesda Softworks\Skyrim\Installed Path
    path: D:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim\
  - folder: Skyrim Special Edition
    type: Skyrim Special Edition
    name: "TES V: Skyrim Special Edition"
    master: Skyrim.esm
    repo: https://github.com/loot/skyrimse.git
    registry: Software\Bethesda Softworks\Skyrim Special Edition\Installed Path
    path: D:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\
  - type: Fallout3
    name: Fallout 3
    folder: Fallout3
    master: Fallout3.esm
    repo: https://github.com/loot/fallout3.git
    path: ""
    registry: Software\Bethesda Softworks\Fallout3\Installed Path
  - registry: Software\Bethesda Softworks\FalloutNV\Installed Path
    type: FalloutNV
    folder: FalloutNV
    name: "Fallout: New Vegas"
    master: FalloutNV.esm
    repo: https://github.com/loot/falloutnv.git
  - registry: Software\Bethesda Softworks\Fallout4\Installed Path
    type: Fallout4
    master: Fallout4.esm
    name: Fallout 4
    folder: Fallout4
    repo: https://github.com/loot/fallout4.git
  - name: Nehrim - At Fate's Edge
    type: Oblivion
    repo: https://github.com/loot/oblivion.git
    master: Nehrim.esm
    folder: Nehrim
    registry: Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Nehrim - At Fate's Edge_is1\InstallLocation
lastVersion: 0.10.3
window:
  left: 0
  top: 0
  bottom: 1038
  right: 976
language: en
game: auto
enableDebugLogging: false
lastGame: Skyrim Special Edition
updateMasterlist: true

SSEEdit_log.txt

SSEEdit 3.2 starting session 2017-04-15 17:10:18
Using Skyrim Special Edition Data Path: D:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\
Using ini: C:\Users\TorNyan\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Skyrim.ini
Using save path: C:\Users\TorNyan\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Saves\
Using plugin list: C:\Users\TorNyan\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\Plugins.txt
Using settings file: C:\Users\TorNyan\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\Plugins.sseviewsettings
Loading active plugin list: C:\Users\TorNyan\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\Plugins.txt

Edited by TorNyan

I'm not sure what is going wrong with your install, try using these settings for LOOT and xEdit.

I've created a separate folder away from Steam and my games where I place all my tools: D:\Games\Utils\ Under which I install LOOT, in a folder called LOOT and one copy of xEdit in a folder called xEdit.

In my Skyrim Special Edition instance of MO2 I have those tools with the following arguments for LOOT and xEdit:

"--game=Skyrim Special Edition"

-sse

In my Skyrim instance they are:

--game=Skyrim

-tes5

After changing your settings to these, please run MO2 for Skyrim and start both LOOT and xEdit and then paste the contents of the "logs" folder here. Change to Skyrim Special Edition and paste those logs also.

nb. The logs folders are under your main MO2 folder in %appdata% and there should be separate folders for each game. Each folder should have at least 2 logs.

I've the same problem, and the same is for Wrye Bash and SSEEdit, none of that can see any .esp but Skyrim, Update, Dawnguard, Heartfire and Dragonborn.

What I notice is that MO (2.0.8.3) won't keep his application locked as usual, just after a second the "Mo is locked while the executable is running." small window dissapear!

I guess the issue is linked to this behaviour in some ways.

Edited by MaximilianPs