No mods showing in Loot

kenzman

Question

Long time user of MO and trying the current build of 2.0.8.3 with Loot 10.3.  Everything seems to work just fine.   I can run Loot from MO and run Skyrim from MO no issues.  Once in Skyrim i can see the 1 mod i have installed (USLEEP) but Loot only shows Skyrim and DLC .esm's as being installed.  I have tried moving things around and uninstalling and reinstalling many times.   I've come to a dead end at this point and I'm hoping someone here can help.   Running windows 10 64bit.

If you are on Windows 10 and have installed the 4GB VRAM patch from the Insider Updates, this apparently bundles some other patches that breaks Mod Organizer's virtual file system.

From what I have been able to gather so far, this is either part of the live folder stuff, or due to the anti-ransomware measures that are also part of the Windows Creators Update (due in September). Whatever it has completely put the kibosh on the VFS functionality in my insider build and killed my FONV install.

I've got another reason why LOOT+MO stop working like that, I guess it's 'cause CK 2.0!
When you close it it crash (always) and when you run anything else via MO2, Mod Organizer will crash too... then we get the bug again.

to fix it:

1 Re-Enable the damned Game Bar.

2 Quit control panel

3 Re-Open control panel

2 Disable the damned Game Bar.
3 Reboot
4 Profit...  

Looks like it works  :thumbsup:

Edited by MaximilianPs

Looks like I can't edit my last post... so update.

Even though I uninstalled the APP the bar was still there, and caused issues again.

So I went to XBox App.

Went to "settings" "GameDVR" "Windows Settings" and turned off everything on "Game bar".

After that things are going fine on all tools.

I'm having this problem too. It started when I removed one mod that was being overwritten by another, and started a new game. The game keeps ctding in the area affected by the two mods. So I've been on this journey of trying to get a mod load order for some guy on the Steam discussions. But external Loot doesn't have 1/4 of the mods I have downloaded. In C:\Users\Erin\AppData\Local\Skyrim= my load order txt shows the old mods that I had removed from Data Files, deleted along with NMM in an uninstall, and thought I had gotten rid of in every possible way, since I had to reacquire vanilla game files through Steam before I downloaded MO2. Yet here they are instead of the new ones. 

I can't seem to find the new mod load order anywhere?