State of STEP - February 2017

TechAngel85

Another release of the State of STEP article is out! These articles are our way to stay more connected with our own community, as well as, the modding community as a whole. They are to inform the community what we're up to between releases, relay community related news, and feature a few mods which aren't included in STEP, but work well on top of STEP:Core/Extended. You can find the article on our wiki at the link below.

February 2017, State of STEP: https://wiki.step-project.com/STEP:State_of_STEP/2017-02-3

We're also looking for feedback! What would you like to see in the article? What did you like about it? What didn't you like? Well thought out and informative feedback is the most constructive so that we may improve upon the articles over time.

Thanks for reading!

An excellent article!  There are some typo's, but the meaning is clear (to me).

There seems to be a problem with the PayPal "Donate" button.  Every time I attempt to use it,  9bSDUurh.jpg this error message is displayed by PayPal.

I was able to log into the STEP Project Wiki and use the "Donate" button found there to setup a $1 subscription.

Keep up the good work!

Big typo in the first sentence ("quiet"). :-)

Fixed. I'm so bad at spelling and grammar that I type this out in a word processor so that I will catch my mistakes, but I guess it didn't catch that one.

Again, Nexus did not shut down my mod! I removed it. That's a big difference. 

So can you please edit your text a little bit? 

Looks like people still think that Nexus removed my mod because i asked money!? 

Fixed. Thanks for that correction!

An excellent article!  There are some typo's, but the meaning is clear (to me).

There seems to be a problem with the PayPal "Donate" button.  Every time I attempt to use it,  9bSDUurh.jpg this error message is displayed by PayPal.

I was able to log into the STEP Project Wiki and use the "Donate" button found there to setup a $1 subscription.

Keep up the good work!

I fixed the link on the Donate button.

Annnnnndddddd... you don't talk about SSE... Anyway the rest is cool.

I believe we mentioned in the last article that there will be a "STEP" for SSE, but it will not likely happen until SKSE is released for it.

Edit:

Not to mention we're waiting on a proper and "good" mod manager. All the mod managers still have issues to be worked out for modding SSE.

Awesome post! Thank you for the update. It motivated me to Subscribe as well. The S.T.E.P. Wiki has been one of the most influential resources for training me how to properly mod my Skyrim for a few years now. This team ROCKS! Also, I am finally starting to get more involved as a contributor where I can as well.

• 3 months later...

Query: Has there been any updates on this since it's release in February? I know some of this is still in the works, but another update may be a good thing to consider.

Nothing of significance to report. We're waiting for the server and dev environment to be set up (which is surely but slowly getting there). Once that is done, things will move along a lot faster.

Archived