Move from STEP to SSE

haired

Question

Hi.

I'm way to deep in my walkthrough to start this game from scratch (two hundred plus hours), but I'm tiered of inconsistent FPS. I'm using STEP:Extended and my specs are more than capable for 2011 game. SSE, on the other hand, runs smooth 60fps on my system. 

Is it possible to clean my current saves from all the mods data and transfer safely to SSE?

6 answers to this question

Unfortunately, no. Beth announced that due to some changes in SSE, only vanilla saves will transfer. I've not read of any cases of users being able to transfer modded saves into SSE, yet.

Thanks for the answer.

But how about 'unmodded' saves? Is it possible to clean from mods my existing STEP saves to vanilla state? Like disabling mods one by one and making a new save everytime until it's completely clean?

For science purposes only I've tried to import my saves to SSE. Without mod uninstalling and any sort of cleaning. And it worked! Well at least my game is loading without crashes. Obviously some items will be missing or out of place. But just as an experiment it's an interesting result.

Update.

Some walls are missing in Markarth. Modded Lakeview Manor have empty doors in a basement. Items scattered all over the place and all my mannequins are naked. And my bard is unrest — he is always singing on the dinner table.

But it runs very smooth with stable 60fps. Dragonsreach, Markarth, outside the Lakeveiw Manor — every fps consuming places that I have in mind.

I'm surprised that this is even working!