NVIDIA Inspector

NVIDIA Inspector
Guide Thread

This thread is for discussion and improvement of NVIDIA Inspector guide on the wiki.

NVIDIA Inspector is a tool that displays hardware information about NVIDIA graphic cards, monitors the hardware senors in real-time with logging capabilities, provides overclocking tools, and provides video game profiles which are used when a game loads.

This is very helpful, Techangel. In the previous versions of STEP this seemed unattended and incomplete. For someone who has no appropriate technical knowledge and was fully following STEP installation, the old recommended config (which was screenshot of only half of Inspector driver settings screen) could have possibly made things worse.

Great work!

• 1 month later...

Techangel, there is a newer version of the inspector out.

The options presented in 1.9.6.8 appear to vary dependent on card, might want to note that.

Some of the options in the screens differ from what you are recommending in the text:

AA-gamma correction on in screen,

Power management -prefer max performance in screen.

Cheers for the guide.

I just found out for myself that neither overriding nor enhancing works with the anti-aliasing setting in nvidia inspector. These get simply ignored by the game engine.

If imultisample=1 then nothing except an injector (post-processor like enb) can get anti-aliasing working.

I just found out for myself that neither overriding nor enhancing works with the anti-aliasing setting in nvidia inspector. These get simply ignored by the game engine.

If imultisample=1 then nothing except an injector (post-processor like enb) can get anti-aliasing working.

I haven't tried it personally, but it looks like it's one of those things that "sometimes works and sometimes doesn't".

You might try to set you multisample (in launcher or INI) to 2 and then try it. I think the setting of "1" in the INI is off. Settings for on should be: 2, 4, or 8. (I think). If it's set to off, then there is nothing to "enhance" or "override".

OK, I had posted in this thread, that I have tried out any possible combination to get normal AA working with nVidia Inspector, but it definitely doesn't work. I'm not going to reupload 10 images again unless you don't trust my judgement.

The only ways to get AA in Skyrim are:

1. Skyrim Launcher MSAA

2. Skyrim Launcher FXAA

3. FXAA injector

4. ENB Edge AA

5. SMAA injector

Transparency AA still works through nvidia inspector.