Need help with FNVLODGen

GMansBriefcase

Question

FNVLODGen has one extra instruction to setup

1. In the Executables menu select FNVLODGen.
  2. Next to the Arguments text field, type " -o:"C:\FNVLODGenOutput" ", without quotations. Additionally, any location outside of MO's virtual directory can be chosen.
  3. Click [Modify], then [Close].

Right out of the F&L guide.

Put    -o:"C:\FNVLODGenOutput"     in the arguments field for FNVLODGen.

When running FNV LOD Gen, you'll find a directory named "FNVLODGenOutput" on your C: drive

For me I decided to put mine in the game directory

-o:"D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\FNVLODGen\FNVLODGenOutput"

so everything is together and not on different drives. Even though I have not go to the LODGen part of the guide yet.

Edited by D1Z4STR

Right out of the F&L guide.

Put    -o:"C:\FNVLODGenOutput"     in the arguments field for FNVLODGen.

When running FNV LOD Gen, you'll find a directory named "FNVLODGenOutput" on your C: drive

I put -o:"C:\FNVLODGenOutput" in the arguments field. Activated FNVLODGen Resources and LOD additions and improvements in the left pane of MO. I had "Have MO manage archives" Unchecked.

I followed all the steps and waited for FNVLODGen to generate its worldspaces. I closed the program when it was done.

The problem is I just cant find the generated content anywhere. I set up LODGen the guide recommended (C:\FNVLODGenOutput). I looked for this folder and couldn't find anything at all.

Navigate to the folder containing FNVEdit and/or FNVLodGen and if everything was installed correctly and you are able to run FNVLodGen there will be: FNVEdit_log.txt & LODGen_log.txt.

Paste these files here in "spoiler" tags or via an online host such as PasteBin.

These files will show us what is or isn't happening. If you do not have these logs then your installation of those tools is flawed and you should re-check the instructions to ensure they are correctly installed.

Navigate to the folder containing FNVEdit and/or FNVLodGen and if everything was installed correctly and you are able to run FNVLodGen there will be: FNVEdit_log.txt & LODGen_log.txt.

Paste these files here in "spoiler" tags or via an online host such as PasteBin.

These files will show us what is or isn't happening. If you do not have these logs then your installation of those tools is flawed and you should re-check the instructions to ensure they are correctly installed.

I only find FNVEdit_log.txt

Do I have to create an LODGen_log.txt?

I made a folder named FNVLODGen in Fallout New Vegas root folder and extract the FNVLODGen contents into it. Added a dedicated output directory to the Arguments field on MO. Installed both FNVLODGen Resources and LOD additions and improvements using MO. I just dont know why my installation of those tools is somehow flawed.

Lack of that log indicates LODGen is not happening. Go back over the instructions and ensure you have all the needed files in place and MO is calling them correctly.

Check that your computer isn't hiding the output from you or perhaps your AV software, either MS's own or a 3rd party, is messing with the execution. You may need to set an exemption for these tools.

At any rate let us have a look at the log you do have. Delete it first and then re-run FNVLodGen and post the log. Actually better yet, create a new blank profile in MO with just the basic FNV files, DLCs, LOD Resources  etc. and run it with only those, that way the size of the log will be smaller and easier to work with. If we can get the basics to work we can move on to why it fails with the full load.

Lack of that log indicates LODGen is not happening. Go back over the instructions and ensure you have all the needed files in place and MO is calling them correctly.

Check that your computer isn't hiding the output from you or perhaps your AV software, either MS's own or a 3rd party, is messing with the execution. You may need to set an exemption for these tools.

At any rate let us have a look at the log you do have. Delete it first and then re-run FNVLodGen and post the log. Actually better yet, create a new blank profile in MO with just the basic FNV files, DLCs, LOD Resources  etc. and run it with only those, that way the size of the log will be smaller and easier to work with. If we can get the basics to work we can move on to why it fails with the full load.

I added an exemption for FNVLODen.exe on Windows Defender and a 3rd party AV software Im using. But Im still lacking the LODGen_log.txt...

Here is the FNVEdit_log.txt

https://pastebin.com/n29tpgkZ

Okay, are you sure the LODGen.exe is in the 'Edit Scripts' folder? If you extracted the archive from Nexus correctly, and followed the instructions in the guide, FNVLodGen.exe will be in the top folder and the scripts folder will contain this executable and the scripts used by xEdit aka. FNVEdit.

Your log seems to quit at the point when this executable is being called.

Okay, are you sure the LODGen.exe is in the 'Edit Scripts' folder? If you extracted the archive from Nexus correctly, and followed the instructions in the guide, FNVLodGen.exe will be in the top folder and the scripts folder will contain this executable and the scripts used by xEdit aka. FNVEdit.

Your log seems to quit at the point when this executable is being called.

Im sure LODGen.exe is in the Edit Scripts folder. I followed the installation instructions in the guide. Made a FNVLODGen folder in the Fallout New Vegas root folder, and extract the contents into it.