SRLE extended LOTD. Suggestions for new additions.

Just reposting what I have posted in the main forums, so it will stay here :) These are the remaining few mods that are supported by Legacy of the Dragonborn Patch Central.

As far as I know, there are no conflicting mods with them.

The mentioned mods are these:

1. Amulets of Skyrim (separate container in the library) - https://www.nexusmods...im/mods/57113/?
  2. Artifacts of Boethiah - The Tournament of the Ten Bloods (separate wall) - https://www.nexusmods...im/mods/67987/?
  3. Oblivion Artifacts Pack (maybe V5.5 is not yet supported?) - https://www.nexusmods...im/mods/24806/?
  4. Skyrim Underground (has CACO patch, too) - https://www.nexusmods...im/mods/75004/?
  5. The Mad Masker (unavailable on Nexus, but trusted source) - https://www.mediafire...TheMadMasker.7z
  6. Thane Weapons Reborn (V18 supports it) - https://www.nexusmods...im/mods/82152/?

My two cents on a few mods:

1. Iconsequential NPCs, DIVERSE SKYRIM - First is a huge nope, so many people hate the filling NPCs; the latter is better but still too many NPCs (iNPCs take care of this department IMHO)
  2. Archery Gameplay Overhaul, Art of the Catch, Hunterborn - Looks good, more immersion!
  3. Hearthfire Extended - There are some incompatibilities but it could be solved I think.
  4. Falskaar Wildlife Add-On - I do not know if it has been maintained all through the version changes. It might be still viable!
  5. Mage Outfit Texture Overhaul, Improved Eyes of Skyrim - Awesome texture mods, absolutely recommended.
  6. Vilja, Hoth - Nice additions, not many people would find Vilja's huge archive necessary, though (same goes for the already-in NPCs I think).
  7. Immersive Jewellery - Too many issues with this mod and LotD.
  8. Winterhold Expanded Ruins - Please don't. I had experience with 2.23b before and it was buggy. It could have been fixed but... Well, bad experience...
  9. JKs Cities Lite and SuperLite - Nice one, I recommend it!
  10. Beyond Reach - Awesome mod; tried, loved.
  11. The Temple of Black Rock - It is a nice dungeon, but nothing more.

I hope this is not too much for ya. Tried to make it compact. Had to say my opinion on those few mods. Sorry. :)

Hey I've been playing a slightly modified profile of SRLE LOTD and these two mods have, so far (I'm on level 40) not seen to do any major damage. I also like them a lot.

Simple Combat Music Remover: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/76349/?

I use the version with "boss" enemies keeping the music. I haven't had any issues with the major quest mods either.

Magic Runes HD: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/41052/?

I use V2 but V1 is probably all you'd really need.

Edited by sspalex77

My two cents on a few mods:

1. Iconsequential NPCs, DIVERSE SKYRIM - First is a huge nope, so many people hate the filling NPCs; the latter is better but still too many NPCs (iNPCs take care of this department IMHO)
  2. JKs Cities Lite and SuperLite - Nice one, I recommend it!

Just commenting on these: rather than DIVERSE SKYRIM, what about Diverse Guards?  (adds female guards to cities)

What this mod does is almost double the stock of basic NPCs that the game uses when it wants to spawn a new guard or soldier. Furthermore, it makes sure that the stock of guards used for Solitude, Markarth and Whiterun (and other guards and soldiers in holds aligned with the Imperial faction) actually contain some female NPCs.

And on JK Cities Lite - the author seems to be at odds with the author of the Immersive Animations or Immersive NPCs or one of those major core mods.  Anyway, the last bug I'd heard of is that Aela the Huntress shoots into a wall instead of a target or whatnot because the core mod changes the behavior of Aela, and the author of JK Cities Lite doesn't have access to whatever changes were made to the NPCs and didn't place an archery target in the right place or something.  So there might be a few weird behaviour things going on in the modified city with modified NPCs.

Another thing I ?think? JK Cities does is cause clipping with one of the carriages in Better Fast Travel mod (because a new carriage spawns at the same location as a new building or something?)  It's been a while since I read about it, and maybe it was the full and not the lite version.  But I'll throw it out there as something to look out for just in case :)

On to my own suggestions:

Glowing Ore Veins.  There's either the classic 300 or a new one by CC that's high res and has an option for less of a glow / new ore and inglot textures.  Makes minable ore veins visible with a glow.  You prob want to look at CC's one, my potato wants the classic though ;)

Elysium Estate (is going to be updated soon to a new, more streamlined version as well, last word from mod author was on Mar 7th 2017) + Hearthfire Multiple Adoptions.  One note about Elysium Estate 4.1.1, there's apparently something up with its Nav Meshes in a way that can cause NPC followers to hang up around the estate, as well as perhaps performace issues.  As I never use enough custom NPCs to notice follower NPC bugs, I can't contribute meaningfully to that discussion.

Last but not least, this may already be in the guide, but I've only finished picking my way to NPC retexture options on my own so far, and I didn't think it was included in the Ruffled Feather compliation.  But if it's NOT in the guide, I'd strongly advocate for it:

Non-Automatic Skill Books which does exactly what it says - offers the player a chance to pass up on automatically levelling a skill when picking up a skill book.

I actually modded SSE for my husband on a different, (just as potato but at least running Win10) computer previously, and somewhat following a pared down potato version of the SSE Septim guide, NASB for SE works just fine on that install.  Gives me hope that it will also work just fine on this guide, and there's already a patch for it for Dragonborn on the Dragonborn Patch Central page as well ("NASB Legacy of the Dragonborn", optional file).  

... since I can't figure out how to edit my post, 3 more:

No More Glowing Weapons - this actually improves VRAM usage

No More Glowing Edges - for some reason I thought this was included in STEP, but it's not?

Proper Length Arrows - as someone who practices real world archery, I cry sometimes at the vanilla game.  this is one small fix that makes a big immersion difference

Edited by Enkida

is it Reqtified or YASH or both that has Fantasy Soundtrack Project in it? I quite liked that, so that Merged Music Mod might be a definite looker.

Reqtified and YASH both use FSP (Non-Replacer) + SoS for sound.. The combination is glorious but there's some work to do patching sound lighting and weather mods together since they all touch regions and cells.

I could probably be convinced to install the modpack and configure a version of WLSO to fit the guide's standard contents... I have to finish the Reqtified update first though.

Edited by jdsmith2816

1) Recommended additions with no compatibility problems or other issues

I would suggest a few addons from the SkyTweak page. These add FISS functionality to iHUD, moreHUD and SkyUI. Completely independent of SkyTweak, just hosted on that page in the optional files. More functionality with no downside.

FISS Preset Patch - iHUD

FISS Preset Patch - moreHUD

FISS Preset Patch - SkyUI

I would also definitely recommend Hearthfire Multiple Adoptions. It is the most widely used way to get a spouse and/or children to live in a modded home. Supported by many different house mods, including Legacy of the Dragonborn. From the LotD front page: " -Supports "Hearthfires Multiple Adoptions" in the safehouse living space for up to 6 kids and spouse!".

2) Graphical suggestions

HD LODs Textures (which is used in the guide but mislabeled as HD-LOD Buildings) recommends Rustic Windows and Arri's Snow Elf Ruins Retexture alongside Noble Skyrim, as that is what the LODs are based off of. With Arri's Snow Elf Re-texture, either use the "SSE 2K" version (v1.2), or use 1.1 with ZoneRaven's fix. I haven't tested v1.2 but someone in the posts page said there were no issues.

3) Miscellaneous suggestions

Thane Weapons Reborn is by icecreamassassin, author of LotD. Currently has admittedly poor textures, but Ice is working on it and the next update should have some decent-looking stuff. The idea of the mod is fantastic, though - instead of receiving a crappy, generic item upon being made a Thane of a hold, receive a truly unique weapon that you can be proud to own (and may actually want to keep). Has displays in LotD for the items.

Tentapalooza for Campfire adds a variety of Tents and accessories meant to work with Campfire and Frostfall, and is a perfect match for them, IMO.

Movement Speeds Fixed fixes some bugs and inconsistencies with movement speeds. For example, back-walking with a one-handed weapon is by default 0.6 times the speed of back-walking with a two-handed weapon.

Ashien's Cursed Rings are a great way to help balance followers. Like having followers, but hate how powerful they are? Make them wear one of these rings. They use Slot 55, by default, so they do not interfere with regular rings (but there may be conflicts with other mods - need to check what slots are used by the guide). Read the page for more details.

The Eloquent Reader is a great little mod that adds a small amount of experience toward leveling Speech every time you read a new book. The main file has compatibility issues, but the "True Scholar Sneak Preview" file is an SKSE version of the mod with no compatibility issues. It only makes sense...read and your skill with language improves.

Keep Spell Tomes After Use does exactly what the name says. Why do spell tomes disappear when read? It makes no sense. Now they don't.

I'll leave it at that. I have more I could suggest, as I'm sure everyone does. For example, I would never play without Stealth Skills Rebalanced or Smithing Perks Overhaul (both by Kryptopyr), but I doubt they would be compatible without a lot of effort. Anyway, this isn't a "suggest my whole load order be put in the guide" thread. :-P

The first new addition is pretty boring guys: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/82368/?

This fixes the problem for one and two cause it rolls into the Bashed Patch it doesn't even take up the esp slot. It'll be added next chance I get.

I do like the look of the new eyes replacer that's in Hot Files: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/82588/ Plus it's by two good modders in missjennabee and nazenn. Will be testing it out.

Also up for Testing is Thane Weapons, Left Hand Rings and Amulets of Skyrim. Plus one of the suggested Music mods, not sure which one yet.