SRLE extended LOTD. Suggestions for new additions.

Did you see my post above?

I have now...

I did at one point contemplate that but never had the time or desire to follow through but maybe Nozzer will.

Unlikely. The guide's a big enough hog on resources as is. ECTV and the flora/fauna stuff in this guide will make it hard to run on any basic machine. It may be an option at a later stage but the guide wont make it a core install any time soon.

Edited by Nozzer66

augh, I had just cut out adding in cloaks from my own install on the argument that they're kind of ugly, and now this!  As a tangent to that, has using Designs of the Nords been considered as a replacement to the current Banner replacer in the guide (which is just an HD retex, not the new designs)?  I am planning to do so in my own install, though I haven't gotten along far enough to see if there's any sort of conflict with everything else yet.

I have taken a quick look at Designs of the Nords in MO and there are a number of overwrites that need looking at one rather odd in my option. It conflicts with:

EotW The Dawnguard - Textures Re-mastered. (Need to delete EotW The Dawnguard - Textures Re-mastered\textures\dlc01\architecture\dawnguard\dbanner01.dds)

RUGNAROK (but that is solved by position in left pane).

Insanitys City Banner Replacer (Obviously and makes it redundant).

HD Dark brotherhood door (Odd one there, make that redundant too but can also be solved by left pane position, best to examine that one in game).

Legacy of The Dragonborn

Basic Textures (No surprise there lol).

Hope that helps.

if this does go in and i think it should as it look really good i would recommend left pane placement before HD Dark brotherhood door so it overwrites Design of the Nords.

Edited by Darth_mathias

I have taken a quick look at Designs of the Nords in MO and there are a number of overwrites that need looking at one rather odd in my option. It conflicts with:

EotW The Dawnguard - Textures Re-mastered. (Need to delete EotW The Dawnguard - Textures Re-mastered\textures\dlc01\architecture\dawnguard\dbanner01.dds)

RUGNAROK (but that is solved by position in left pane).

Insanitys City Banner Replacer (Obviously and makes it redundant).

HD Dark brotherhood door (Odd one there, make that redundant too but can also be solved by left pane position, best to examine that one in game).

Legacy of The Dragonborn

Basic Textures (No surprise there lol).

Hope that helps.

if this does go in and i think it should as it look really good i would recommend left pane placement before HD Dark brotherhood door so it overwrites Design of the Nords.

This is exceedingly helpful! Rugnarok and LotD are the only textures I have to be concerned about and one is a non issue :)

I think I can shed light on the "weirdness" of the conflicts - Designs of the Nords is an overall banner replacer, not just a city banner replacer. Therefore the "conflicts" are probably for the generic old dwemer banners and rugs, as well as the random clutter banners, which have also been retextured very nicely.

https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/110/images/13429-2-1355955828.jpg

https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/110/images/13429-1-1333008359.jpg

In my particular case, then I would have Rugnarok overwrite Designs of the Nords because Rugnarok is more performance friendly (at least in the resolution I'm using). For anyone else it'd be a matter of taste.

edit: oh, one thing it would clash with is the hold borders flag mod, because there is no texture conflict. Therefore hold border flags would be old style and not matching with their holds anymore.

cheers and thanks again!

Edited by Enkida

This is exceedingly helpful! Rugnarok and LotD are the only textures I have to be concerned about and one is a non issue :)

I think I can shed light on the "weirdness" of the conflicts - Designs of the Nords is an overall banner replacer, not just a city banner replacer. Therefore the "conflicts" are probably for the generic old dwemer banners and rugs, as well as the random clutter banners, which have also been retextured very nicely.

https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/110/images/13429-2-1355955828.jpg

https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/110/images/13429-1-1333008359.jpg

In my particular case, then I would have Rugnarok overwrite Designs of the Nords because Rugnarok is more performance friendly (at least in the resolution I'm using). For anyone else it'd be a matter of taste.

edit: oh, one thing it would clash with is the hold borders flag mod, because there is no texture conflict. Therefore hold border flags would be old style and not matching with their holds anymore.

cheers and thanks again!

you could get holds board banners to work but you would need to point the esp textures to Design of the Nords (think that cna be done is XEdit) maybe the Mod Author could be convinced to create a patch or someone could create it and offer it up to the mod author.

I have a few performance mod suggestions.

"Decrease those plants" both options (Non- SFO and SFO) in The Ruffled Feather mod pack - This mod optimized vanilla and SFO grass meshes for better performance. I have been using it for ages. 

Remove Underwater Grass and other stuff too - A Performance Mod by Cauug 

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/55240/?- This mod removed underwater grass and small rocks by using blank meshes. I use this blank mesh to remove a few hideous grasses (IMO) from SRLE LOTD setup as well (I can share custom list if you want). With Frostfall, no swimming for me. Why waste performance on something you rarely see.

I gained about ~3-5 FPS on my 980ti in heavy grass/lake area when using both mods.

Or I might just not add Designs of the Nords as it looks like too much messing around.

I am sure someone will create a patch for hold banner boarders just give it time.

I have a few performance mod suggestions.

"Decrease those plants" both options (Non- SFO and SFO) in The Ruffled Feather mod pack - This mod optimized vanilla and SFO grass meshes for better performance. I have been using it for ages. 

Remove Underwater Grass and other stuff too - A Performance Mod by Cauug 

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/55240/?- This mod removed underwater grass and small rocks by using blank meshes. I use this blank mesh to remove a few hideous grasses (IMO) from SRLE LOTD setup as well (I can share custom list if you want). With Frostfall, no swimming for me. Why waste performance on something you rarely see.

I gained about ~3-5 FPS on my 980ti in heavy grass/lake area when using both mods.

mmmm any performance gain is always a good thing.