bashed patch and dyndolod

rasmoothstep

Question

Following Neovalen's guide he activates the bashed patch, 0.esp before running the dyndolod TexGen.exe and DynDOLOD.exe.

When I do this i get errors (Exception in unit xxx line xxx: [xxxxxxxx] < Error: Could not be resolved >) while running DynDOLOD.exe.

So my 1st question is: should I be getting any errors if I followed this guide exactly?

Next I believe I read somewhere in the forums to deactivate the bashed patch before running DynDOLOD.exe and when I do that it completes without error.

So my 2nd question is:  should I not follow Neovalen's guide about activating the bashed patch before running DynDOLOD?

and finally my 3rd question is: If I should follow Neovalen's guide exactly why am I getting errors and how do I resolve them?

Thanks

3 answers to this question

The real easy fix is to just unticking the Bashed Patch when you generate lod with dyndolod. That's why you're getting errors. This was not an issue when Neo guide was originally posted with older Dyndolod.

So just don't activate the Bashed Patch when running Dyndolod. Problem solved.

Sorry to wake the thread but I have the opposite problem.

I'm building a modded Legendary Skyrim and have about 200 mods at the moment, about 100 plugins. I was able to run DynDOLOD and generate lods, activate it and run the game but if I make a bashed patch and activate it, the game will boot to an infinite loading screen, never reaching the main menu.

I uninstalled most of my mods and always rebuilt the bashed patch, then re-ran the game and always got the infinite loading screen. If I deactivated the bashed patch the game would load, with whichever mod combination.

Until I narrowed it down to Dyndolod resource plugins. If I uninstall dyndolod resources and rebuild the bashed patch and activate it, the game loads. Of course, then, I can't use DynDOLOD.esp.

Using DynDOLOD 2.35, resources 2.30 and Wrye Bash 307 python version, latest nightly from Utumno.