• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 nukul4r

nukul4r

Prisoner

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 04:21 PM

I try to run SkyrimSE through MO. MO locks for a few seconds and then stops and nothing happens. When I start it in steam everything is fine. 

Here are the logs.

Edited by nukul4r, 24 March 2017 - 04:22 PM.

#2 khirasier

khirasier

Prisoner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:52 PM

i am having the same or a very similar problem, whenever i try to launch the launcher or the game exe it will start to launch the exe then close then open the launcher regularly from steam with none of my mods.

log is here

#3 khirasier

khirasier

Prisoner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 01:46 AM

okay so ive found if you have the same problem im having skyrimse will not launch through any third party program not just MO, it would not run through wrye bash or nmm either for me whether there were mods installed or not.

still have not found the cause or fix for it yet though

#4 baronaatista

baronaatista

Jarl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 02:03 AM

We are talking about classic Mod Organizer?  It does not support SE.  I believe I've heard of a workaround, but I'm unsure of the specifics and skeptical of the practicality.

You're looking for Mod Organizer 2.  However it has it's own issues, and can be tricky to get working on some systems.

I'm unsure of whether NMM was ever updated for SE, I don't believe it was.

This Wrye Bash should work flawlessly, but WB is a somewhat more complicated mod manager and requires pretty detailed information about its functioning as well as general mod-installation knowledge to use effectively, at least in any shade of 'complex' set up.

#5 baronaatista

baronaatista

Jarl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 02:35 AM

Just saw that this is in the MO2 support thread... *facepalm*

#6 eriahers

eriahers

Prisoner

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 08:06 PM

I'm having this issue as well.  I didn't notice it a few months ago when I last modded Skyrim SE and started playing it (launching it from within MO2).  However, after starting the mod process a few weeks ago, it locks MO2 and Skyrim pops up in the Task Manager under processes but the game never launches.  In the past week, I've maybe had Skyrim launch successfully twice through MO2.

I've searched through a bunch of different threads (most pretty old) that seemed to have similar issues.  Some suggested loading a profile that didn't have any mods and trying to launch, some suggested turning off your antivirus and trying to launch, I've even restarted my PC and tried to launch; nothing works definitively.

#7 eriahers

eriahers

Prisoner

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:23 PM

I went through and re-added all of the executables in the configurator since it seemed like things were off.  I was finally able to get things to launch, but now they were launching as if I had no mods regardless of which profile I was using.

After trying things like adding a line to the arguments field in the configurater for the executables and removing the Run as Administrator setting for MO2 and a few other executables, I found a thread that mentioned re-installing the vcredist x64 and x86.  After being unable to do that, I tried launching the game through Steam just for ***** and giggles and Steam then displayed that it was downloading two vcredist files before launching.  I exited Skyrim, launched MO2, and was able to successfully launch Loot with all of my mods.  I tested it with Wrye Bash and had the same success; I can now launch Skyrim successfully every time.  I have no idea why I needed to re-downlowd the vcredist files, maybe an update of Steam recently affected them...

#8 JimmyBoi

JimmyBoi

Prisoner

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 02:58 AM

I try to run SkyrimSE through MO. MO locks for a few seconds and then stops and nothing happens. When I start it in steam everything is fine. 

Here are the logs.

Have you made the executables run as admin? I had a similar problem to this with vanilla Skyrim. Going into Properties->Compatibility->"Change settings for all users"->"Run As Administrator" for all the Skyrim .exe files is what I had to do. It's all because of stupid Windows UAC...

#9 sattyre

sattyre

Prisoner

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 08:09 PM

backup your ini files and try deleting both skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini and reseting them to the default ini's.  sometimes they get corrupted for one reason or another.  If this doesn't work you can put them back.  You will find them either in thier default directory at C:\Users\Owner\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition, or in your Mod organizer 2 profiles directory, mine is: D:\Games\Mod Organizer SSE\Mod Organizer Rigmor\profiles\Rigmor.  Hope this helps.

#10 MacJangles

MacJangles

Prisoner

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 07:31 PM

I had the issue as to where i would launch it with Skse through mod organizer 2 and it would pop up a black screen for a brief moment then close but ive managed to fix this for me at least and that was by disabling the look at what you see mod. ik this wont help for everyone but hopefully for some

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users