How to install Holds the City Overhaul with Dyndolod

MITSUYOMI

Question

2 answers to this question

How to install Holds the City Overhaul with Dyndolod?

Well...  After some googles I found how to install and fix the error about dyndolod.exe in which the error has a problem with object bounds, the solution is just to open TES5edit and select skyrim.esm, update.esm and the hold.esp then run. Next thing you have to do is type 3c in the Form ID in the top left corner and after that in the right part there would be a scroll button go to object bounds and from there drag the values from the X and Y( these values are in the skyrim or tamriel in which the value is less than 128, mine is about 57) drag those values in the holds object bound values, then save and go activate Dyndolod.exe

This is the message:

ERROR: Worldspace object bounds added by Holds.esp for [0000003C] Tamriel outside +- 128 cells. See the log or FAQ for more details.

This is from the DynDOLOD FAQ

Q: ERROR: Worldspace object bounds added by mod name.esp for [xxxxxxxx] Worldspace outside +- 128 cells.

A: A mod changes the size of a worldspace beyond useful values. Either do not select this worldspace when generating LOD or fix the object bounds to useful values if
 they seem to be wild edits. To fix worldspace bounds error, in xEdit, open the worldspace record by entering the FormID of the worldspace into the field top left. 
Hit Enter key. Scroll right to the column of the mod. Scroll down to the rows for Objects Bounds. Right click a value and select edit and enter a number <= +- 128. In 
case it is a overwrite record use numbers from master mod as a guideline. Click OK or hit Enter. Save changed esp.

Post from April 2016 where I explain the steps to fix the plugin, this can also be found in a issue posted to Holds Bug Reports

In case anyone is interested why Object Bounds, NAM0, NAM9 values are sanity checked, check this thread.

Technically, there is no use of using cells for game play beyond +-64 because of a engine bug with activators.

It is a bit surprising that the mod has not been fixed in all this time and 3 versions later. I suggest to check all plugins for errors with xEdit and fix them (See this video for help) or to remove mods with errors from the load order.

Edited by sheson