Query: Main Issues with MO2 and Skyrim SE

JohnBell5713

Question

I'm a former MO user but have been away from gaming for a while.  I recently upgraded to Skyrim SE and having read horror reports on the status of MO2 tried out NMM, which has been pretty unpleasant.  I installed MO2 today against a fresh Skyrim SE install, and the key functionality seems to be there.  The only problem I've encountered is a couple of crashes when downloading from the Nexus.  I gather that crashes during gaming are also a bit of an issue.  Is scaling to a large load order an issue?  Are there other significant issues I should be aware of.

1 answer to this question

I never ever crashed with skyrim Se (using MO2 since old betas with about 300 mods). Be sure to install the "portable" option when prompted and you avoid the majority of the issues people are reporting. The only issue I found so far is that if you start LOOT or FNIS inside MO then MO2 crashes as soo you try to start skyrim se or another program inside MO2. Just restart MO2 and everything work as intended.

Let's say 80% of the reported issues are because users unable to use it correctly, not because of MO2

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk

Edited by remlnx