13 replies to this topic

#1 Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Prisoner

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 01:41 AM

Hello,

I know I've already requested help regarding STEP installation, but frankly, I have absolutely no clue where I left off. I had a longer hospital stay and now this is the situation I come back to:

* since last time, I updated my RAM, so now I've got 12 GB RAM instead of 1GB

* Skyrim starts up just fine

* ENB Series 0.308 for TES Skyrim

* there is an information PATCH SPEEDHACK ENBoost turned on in enblocal.ini, graphic modification disabled

* starting a new game: new game is loaded, but then it stops on a black screen with ambient sounds - only chance to get out is by shutting down the game via CTRL+LALT+DEL => user logout; TASK MANAGER doesn't work

I play the game with Alternate Start - Live a new life and all mods, that are required for Basic S.T.E.P. to run. As far as I know, anyway. Could be that during the long installation process, I missed out on one of them.

running loot gave me THIS MY MOD-LIST:

Where are all my mods? They are shown in MOD- Organizer as ACTIVATED (at least they're ticked and appear in the plugin list), but neither of them appears here

THIS IS MY skyrimPrefs.ini:

my enblocal.ini:

my Skyrim.ini:

Although I'd much prefer to fix this without reinstalling every single mod, I would do it if that is the only safe way to get a clean and safely running game. I only need to figure out where on my system all my mods were stored, delete all of them, make a clean install of the game and MO (how?).

PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM A COMPLETE ... WELL, I AM BAD WITH COMPUTERS AND EVERYTHING RELATED.

Can you help me?

#2 easyrider1988

easyrider1988

Prisoner

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 01:55 AM

Maybe you are running LOOT outside MO::):

#3 Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Prisoner

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 02:00 AM

Maybe you are running LOOT outside MO::):

I thought that was it at first, but running it through MO gave the same results

(although there IS the possibility that I might have installed it wrong - even though I followed the "how to get loot running through MO" - tutorial video to the letter)

Edited by Dovahkiin, 31 March 2017 - 02:13 AM.

#4 Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Prisoner

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 02:34 AM

MY CURRENT MOD LIST, ACCORDING TO MO:

MY CURRENT PLUGIN LIST ACCORDING TO MO:

Both lists were created today (via copy paste from MO-profiles- loadorder.txt and MO-profiles- plugin.txt (both files are dated 03-31-2017).

Also, MO always asks "there is still a download. Close anyway?" when I want to close the program...but where the hell do I see this supposed download?

Edited by Dovahkiin, 31 March 2017 - 02:36 AM.

#5 Nozzer66

Nozzer66

Dragon Prince

• Pack Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,594 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 02:48 AM

Click on the downloads tab. Likely somewhere in there you'll see a download that is marked as Paused or similar. That's what it's telling you about.

#6 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,623 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 11:17 AM

Does MO show all the plugins listed when you run it? If not, you've messed up somewhere. I'm also assuming you're using MO and not MO2. MO2 does not support the 32-bit game.

#7 Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Prisoner

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 04:51 PM

Does MO show all the plugins listed when you run it? If not, you've messed up somewhere. I'm also assuming you're using MO and not MO2. MO2 does not support the 32-bit game.

Yep, using MO...I don't know, I think it does. If you meant the mod list (left) and the plugin-window to the right, that is

Click on the downloads tab. Likely somewhere in there you'll see a download that is marked as Paused or similar. That's what it's telling you about.

ok...feeling stupid now...thanks...no idea why I didn't think of scrolling down the download list

#8 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,623 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 05:01 PM

Can you take a screenshot of LOOT while it's open and post it please?

#9 Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Prisoner

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 05:14 PM

Loot screenshot Attached File  Screenshot (2).png   137.12KB   0 downloads

(what about returning to base game for a while and then switching back to STEP? Or would that ruin my character, if I did it that way? I'd have mods installed, but only those that do not conflict with S.T.E.P. to minimise the possibility of having to delete mods. At the moment, I really just want to play)

Edited by Dovahkiin, 31 March 2017 - 05:24 PM.

#10 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 12,623 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 08:54 PM

Yeah, you have messed something up in the install. Ensure you follow our instructions here: https://wiki.step-project.com/LOOT

The whole point of MO is to keep your Data folder clean, so I wouldn't install mods to it. You should work out the issues you have before playing. But ultimately it's your choice.

#11 Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Prisoner

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 03:20 PM

But where exactly did I mess up? I mean, I know that I have since the game doesn't work, but I have absolutely no clue where I went wrong.

#12 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 12,623 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 10:25 PM

It does appear that you might be running LOOT outside of MO. Can you screenshot your LOOT executable window in MO?

#13 baronaatista

baronaatista

Jarl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 12:05 AM

Ive had similar issues with updating LOOT or using it to manage multiple games.  As long as you don't mind losing any LOOT settings (load plugin x after plugin y, etc.) you can try deleting your: users/*your name*/appdata/local/LOOT folder.  Then run LOOT again (launched as an executable from MO), I'd be willing to bet your plugins appear properly.

#14 Reziidoo

Reziidoo

Prisoner

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 08:18 PM

hey . so I've been having this problem as well..  
hear the sounds . but see nothing.

sooooo i was just random. while attempting to start a new game - while i was stuck in the black screen *withsounds* i opened my console and typed "showracemenu"

and it worked. it brought me to the start of where i needed to be - the Prison 

i hope this works for you all that are suffering from the same problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users