Wondering about WINDOWS 7 current Skyrim SE, MO and complex modding

jbsheridan

Question

I have been researching and setting up to do an SE mod makeover, but it seems to me that the current state of flux with MO right now, mods being ported over and no SKSE nor the related mods using SKSE, have me in a bit of a rats nest trying to figure out what to do.

...Hence my interest in the older MO and a really nice Oldrim play and test build with my Win 7 OS.

I saw a reference in the SEPTIM guide that problems had been reported with using Win 7 OS, MO and  SE modding.

"Warning! If you are on WINDOWS 7, this entire guide is possibly INCOMPATIBLE. Jonwd7 and other have found that certain texture formats will crash DX11 games on Windows 7 . If you are on windows 8+ or 10, you dont need to worry about it."

Does anyone have any information about successfully using any version of MO, SE comprehensive modding, and Win 7 or problems?

3 answers to this question

I have no issues, though I'm not using MO2 for SSE. I'm using WB on Windows 7 for SSE. No issues so far.

Sounds to me that if they're having issue with certain formats, then though files are not set up correctly or corrupt in some way. Classic Skyrim formats and the newer BC7 formats have worked flawlessly for me on Windows 7 and SSE. There might be an issue with MO2, but if so that's not the fault of the game or it's formats. That's just the fault of MO2's beta state. WB is better, imo, for SSE modding as of the time of this post. WB isn't as "noob" friendly, though.