Using MO with a RAM Disk

tsubakiZero

Question

Greetings,

Ive been thinking on using a RAM Disk when playing Skyrim, since I know that MO creates a virtual data directory I was wondering how could I get a RAM Disk to work. From what I understand the Virtual Directory is created with pointers to the real files, because I don't think MO creates a full directory on the HDD or SDD copying all the files the loading would be too slow. But if what I mentioned is true I could load the Mods directory on to the RAM Disk for example. Please confirm if this is how MO works.

If it is possible to run MO with a RAM Disk and it works like I mentioned, then would it be possible to run some folders from the Mod Directory on the RAM Drive? Truth is that my Mod Directory is huge and I don't have enough RAM to run everything from there. So I was wondering if I would copy some heavy folders like Textures into the RAM Disk for faster loading but still have MO recognizing it as normal. This part I'm not sure how to go about it, so if it is possible please, instruct me how.

Thank you.

tsubakiZero

2 answers to this question