WyreBash - Error Creating Bashed Patch

agf654

Question

Hi,

Not sure if this is a Bug or me doing something wrong as my experience with WryeBash is fairly limited!

When I try to create a Bashed Patch with WryeBash (though running WB via MO), it gets to the last step where it gives an File in use Error (see screenshot link below

https://imgur.com/U917l7U

As this was the first time trying to create a Bashed Patch with SE I tried finding the Bashed Patch.esp, .txt & .html files in the file system and removing them to see if this would resolve the issue, after doing this and re-starting MO I can see no reference to the Bashed Patch.esp in plugins, however running WB again causes the same error the strange thing is the bashed patch is created but from file size looks like it is empty.

From my limited knowledge my guess is that MO is locking all the esp's and failing to release this when WB is run (I could be wrong though).

14 answers to this question

Before you run Wyre Bash there should be a "bashed patch, Skyrim.esp" or a "bashed patch, 0.esp'' in the right pane of Mod Organizer. If there isn't, close Mod Organizer then go to the Mod Organizer\mods\ folder and add a new folder named "bashed patch". Copy the "bashed patch, Skyrim.esp" file (which is a blank bashed patch) located in Skyrim\Mopy\templates\Skyrim\ into this new folder. Start MO and activate this mod and you should see "bashed patch, Skyrim.esp" in the left pane of MO. Then you can start Wyre Bash.

more explanation

First i get the 

1. I get the issue of no existing doc folder, so i press yes "create" the .doc file

This is repeated 3 times after which i get

2. The action cannot be completed because the file is in use in another program warning for the 

bashed patch, 0

type Crome HTML document

size 20,1 kb

date modified...

and the patching progress cannot continue until i press skip.

after that follows a few more times i need to skip both on the doc

and later on a bashed patch document.

in the end i do have a bashed patch esp on the right pane but only a docs folder in the overwite.

If i press skip at 1. the description on 2 doesn't occur, and i get the same end result.

I tried open the bashed patch in ssedit (i have no issues making a merged patch), but i am not sure what to look for, and if it is correct. But it feels small, considering my 100+ mods including morrowloot and skyrim unleveled.

Antivirus is turned off, and i tried run as admin. Also skyrim SSE is installed in a seperate folder not a (x86) folder.

help...

:)

edit, i have tried to reinstall wrye, always the same issue.

I can bash outside of MO2, if i open wrye directly with no issues.

Edited by Bambideer

There's no problem really, all that is happening is the report file (the HTML) is still under MO2's control when WB tries to release it to be viewed in your browser. The actual patch is still being created so your game should be fine.

I guess there is a slight timing error in the 64bit code compared to the 32bit code of the original MO, but that's not going to fixed anytime soon, as there is no longer any active development of this tool.

ok, thank you! 

Then i can just make a "bashed patch" folder in the mo2 mod folder and move the bashed patch there from the skyrimSE/data folder. I was worried that it didnt finish.

I cannot remember, but is 18 kb a decent size for a bashed patch?

It felt small, hence my believe of failed "bashing"

Yeah, it maybe should be so small. When installing I basically followed the septim load order, while added some new lands/quests, some favorite stuff and the skyrim deleved/morrowloot ultimate combo. So perhaps 18kb was enough, since the septim guide mostly adds graphical improvements.

Hi,

So the fix for this problem is as follows:-

1) Within MO2 create an empty mod for the output of Wrye Bash:- e.g. "END - Bashed Patch".  Mark the Mod to ignore missing data.

2) Once created open the Mod in Explorer and create a Docs Folder.

3) Within MO2 Configure Wrye Bash to redirect its output to the Mod created in step 1.

That's it. when you run Wrye Bash it creates the files correctly within the Docs folder.

So the fix for this problem is as follows:-

1) Within MO2 create an empty mod for the output of Wrye Bash:- e.g. "END - Bashed Patch".  Mark the Mod to ignore missing data.

2) Once created open the Mod in Explorer and create a Docs Folder.

3) Within MO2 Configure Wrye Bash to redirect its output to the Mod created in step 1.

That's it. when you run Wrye Bash it creates the files correctly within the Docs folder.

I have the very same trouble as agf654 in 2023, with the very last update, playing for about a decade on Skyrim and using MO and WB for more than 5 years.

--> This solution doesn't work. I can't explain the trouble but Wrye Bash and MO are up-to-date, everything is in order and I simply don't understand the trouble but I can't 

get an update Bashed patch anymore. I reinstalled everything and everything is correctly installed everywhere. The trouble is either WB or MO at this point.