Skyrim Revisited Pre-Release Feedback

Does anyone know what this message means? The procedure entry point Direct3DCreate9Ex could not be located in the dynamic link librarary C:\Windows\system32\nvspcap.dll. The warning box will pop up about 8 times with me hitting ok box every time, than the game starts. This only happens when I run Skyrim through MO.

I googled that error message and found these threads. It's a bit old, but maybe it'll point you in the right direction. Alternatively, try re-installing DirectX to see if that fixes it.

https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/616188677681003146/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/72850/discussions/0/613937306548718176

Edited by Turkeys

If anyone could verify please,

I'm not sure if the output for Merge Plugins is correct since I get no error messages and the merge is successful.

Following the Bathing in Skyrim merge instructions:

I still need to move the SKSE, Meshes and Texture folders to the newly merged folder.

The interface folder is missing the logo for bathing in Skyrim so that needs to be moved as well.

The Scripts > Source folder is missing all PSC files except the succesfully merged ones below.

Bathing in Skyrim Merged\scripts\source\mzin_TIF_BiS_0001E2D1.psc
Bathing in Skyrim Merged\scripts\source\mzin_TIF_BiS_0001E2D3.psc
Bathing in Skyrim Merged\scripts\source\mzin_TIF_BiS_0001E2D5.psc
Bathing in Skyrim Merged\scripts\source\mzin_TIF_BiS_0001E2D7.psc
Bathing in Skyrim Merged\scripts\source\mzin_TIF_BiS_0001E850.psc

I believe the other .psc are needed, so I need to move these manually as well ?

Same goes for the scripts folder itself ?

Only the below two successfully merged scripts were moved the the merged folder.

Bathing in Skyrim Merged\scripts\mzin_TIF_BiS_0001E2D1.pex
Bathing in Skyrim Merged\scripts\mzin_TIF_BiS_0001E2D3.pex

all other scripts are missing.

I cannot believe things to work without the 48kb > mzinBatheMCMMenu.pex file. (and the others btw).

So move these as well ?

That still seems like a lot to double check so I'm not comfortable with the results without verifying here that it is correct and the Merge Plugin is just to merge the .esp's and scripts it can handle?

And yes, everything is set up as per the instructions available, including the "Handle Seq Files" feedback in this thread.

Edited by Ogham

Does anyone know what this message means? The procedure entry point Direct3DCreate9Ex could not be located in the dynamic link librarary C:\Windows\system32\nvspcap.dll. The warning box will pop up about 8 times with me hitting ok box every time, than the game starts. This only happens when I run Skyrim through MO.

I googled that error message and found these threads. It's a bit old, but maybe it'll point you in the right direction. Alternatively, try re-installing DirectX to see if that fixes it.

https://steamcommunit...88677681003146/

https://steamcommunit...937306548718176

The only thing is Skyrim Launches fine without MO making me think its a MO issue, plus all Nvidia users would have this issue and I'm the only one having it.

Edit - I know my issue isn't MO. I should not have been so general. MO always works great. I meant to say when launching from MO. But I have reinstalled Skyrim and have done everything but install the Papyrus installer fix. I kind of think I installed that section wrong. So far without the fix I've had no issues

Edited by Razorsedge877

If anyone could verify please,

I'm not sure if the output for Merge Plugins is correct since I get no error messages and the merge is successful.

Following the Bathing in Skyrim merge instructions:

I still need to move the SKSE, Meshes and Texture folders to the newly merged folder.

The interface folder is missing the logo for bathing in Skyrim so that needs to be moved as well.

If your making a new mod folder and disabling the source mod folder, use "Copy General Assets" on the integration page.

The Scripts > Source folder is missing all PSC files except the succesfully merged ones below.

Bathing in Skyrim Merged\scripts\source\mzin_TIF_BiS_0001E2D1.psc

Bathing in Skyrim Merged\scripts\source\mzin_TIF_BiS_0001E2D3.psc

Bathing in Skyrim Merged\scripts\source\mzin_TIF_BiS_0001E2D5.psc

Bathing in Skyrim Merged\scripts\source\mzin_TIF_BiS_0001E2D7.psc

Bathing in Skyrim Merged\scripts\source\mzin_TIF_BiS_0001E850.psc

I believe the other .psc are needed, so I need to move these manually as well ?

.pex are precompiled scripts in machine code

.psc are source script in papyrus(english)

Same goes for the scripts folder itself ?

Only the below two successfully merged scripts were moved the the merged folder.

Bathing in Skyrim Merged\scripts\mzin_TIF_BiS_0001E2D1.pex

Bathing in Skyrim Merged\scripts\mzin_TIF_BiS_0001E2D3.pex

all other scripts are missing.

Hmm, Script fragments only compile when the FormID changes. The may be an issue where the Script fragments that dont have a FormID change, do not copy. 

I cannot believe things to work without the 48kb > mzinBatheMCMMenu.pex file. (and the others btw).

This goes back to the "Copy General Assets", MP assumes(understandably) when this checkbox is unchecked, that the user is leaving the main mod folder enabled but disabling the plugins that had been merged.

So move these as well ?

That still seems like a lot to double check so I'm not comfortable with the results without verifying here that it is correct and the Merge Plugin is just to merge the .esp's and scripts it can handle?

And yes, everything is set up as per the instructions available, including the "Handle Seq Files" feedback in this thread.

Mator did an excellent job with the documentation, I highly recommend referring to it first.

Appreciate the feedback and support Hishutup. 

I have selected "Copy General Assets" of course (Checked before I wrote the post, double checked again just now ^^) and I did go through Mator's documentation.

Things are just seemingly off with how I perceived things to go during the latest beta version and the current release on Nexus.

I remember SKSE and Texture and Meshes folder to be moved due to having "Copy General Assets" selected.

And I didn't check Scripts files back then because I assumed it was being handled by the Merge Plugin :)

I'll test some more...

Edited by Ogham

I'll also look into it a little bit, I havnt seen this myself but I am approaching this as if there is an issue.

In the beta/alpha things worked fine but things randomly breaking isnt unheard of.

Does enabling batch file copying yield different results?

I checked, the batch copy assets was also enabled during my tests.

I checked, the batch copy assets was also enabled during my tests.

Quick update,

Since I wasn't sure things where working correctly I opted to re-install the Merge Plugins.

Now for some reason I cannot find the tesv papyrus flags file anymore at the location where it is supposed to be...

I have followed online instructions and extracted the Scripts.rar file again and as per instructions re-installed SKSE.

So the tesv papyrus flags.flg file has re-emerged.

Had to manually add it in the Merge Plugin since the .flg isn't recognized. Gonna do another test later tonight

Edited by Ogham

Quick update,

Since I wasn't sure things where working correctly I opted to re-install the Merge Plugins.

Now for some reason I could not find the tesv papyrus flags file anymore at the location where it was supposed to be...

I followed online instructions and extracted the Scripts.rar file again and as per instructions re-installed SKSE.

And the tesv papyrus flags.flg file has re-emerged.

Had to manually add it in the Merge Plugin as the .flg isn't recognized. Gonna do another test later tonight

Final Update: after resolving the above mentioned issues the merge plugins results are back in line with what I saw with the beta version.

All folders and scripts are moved along and complete in the newly created merged folder.

Edited by Ogham

There is some parts of the installation guide that I'm unsure about so far, so I want to ask to be sure:

EatingSleepingDrinking

Author: gekkou1992
Version: N/A (Animations Package Optional)

I only install animation pack right?

Project Parallax Remastered

Author: Osmodius
Version: 1.3 (Project Parallax SRO Optional + SMIM Bridge Update)

I only installed Project Parallax SRO Optional and SMIM Bridge Update, but I wonder if I should have installed Project Parallax Vanilla 1.3 also?

Thanks for any clarification :)

Edited by xxx78