Skyrim Revisited Pre-Release Feedback

Ok boys, I"M GONNA DUU THIS.

It's a snow day, we got out from school early today, and school is canceled tomorrow.

I'm going to try to patch skyre to SR:LE.  I know you think i'm insane.  I trimmed it down to the main.esp and the survivalism.esp (the survivalism, only adds new stuff, so no meaningful conflicts there)

My basic idea in making this uber-patch is to let everything in SR:LE overide skyre, except when it relates to perks.  My biggest hang-ups with skyrim were the perk system, and how you were instantly so wealthy, that money had no meaning.  I'm going to assume that trade and barter takes care of that later problem.

Even if this is a waste of time, I've learned so much, and I go into the task knowing that I may not make any progress at all.  If you have any general tips or advice that could save me time, or if there are any big "no-no's" that might break stuff, let me know.

Thanks so much for everything so far guys, thanks neo!

Ojack, I’ve been taking a peak into doing this too. However, I have no serious grasp on how it could realistically be added. Additionally, I don’t have a pristine SRLE install as I left out some mods I don’t use and added a few that I do…(mostly cosmetic stuff..cbbe vs. unp and Natural Lighting and Atmospherics ENB vs. Unreal Cinema ENB)…so I don’t have COT in my current build in favor of NLA. I’ve played with both Requiem and with Skyre but I tend to like Skyre more when I just want to enjoy the game with a different character build and not have to work so hard to do anything and finish the main questline. (A Requiem fight with Alduin is….something only a masochist would enjoy..haha) 

What I did:

• Exported my SRLE mod list to excel. Had to reorganize them by priority—for some reason the csv doesn’t include the priority number..grr.

• Started working my way down the list to see what I could find in the way of patches or information from the Nexus.

Things didn’t look so daunting until I got to “The Armory of Skyrim†section. In fact, the only mods I found patches for prior to the armory:

• Book Covers Skyrim 2.7.1 Legendary – Skyre, CCO remade patches

• Skyrim Immersive Creatures – Skyre, Dual Sheath Redux, Enhanced Blood Texture patches

• Bring Out Your Dead – Skyre Reproccer Compatibility patches

From “The Armory of Skyrim†on…, lots of confusing, convoluted directions (for the uninitiated like myself) involving various different Reproccers and patches to fix stats on armor/equipment. I suppose the mods that add only textures don’t have to be touched but the ones that affect stats or introduce armor/equipment not found in vanilla need the reproccers. SRLE has a lot more than I ever used (but now that I’ve gotten a taste of them I don’t think I could leave them out…but a huge headache sorting it all out). Along with that, the distribution of these armors/equipment on any non-vanilla NPC’s added by Skyre.

From there: getting CCO and WAF patches installed for Skyre – which I think means more reprocc’ing.

Aside from that, I think I’ll try my hand at building a profile this weekend, leaving out “The Armory†stuff but adding CCO / WAF until I can get my head wrapped around the various patches/reproccers need for them.

I looked at some things like SPERG, ACe but I've not used them before. And Skyre brings alot more to the table than just perk overhauls. I especially like the integration of spells/perks from Skyre. 

This is why I hate overhauls and avoid them like the plague. I appreciate the all in one-ness to make it blend, but by the same token you are kinda stuck with them. The reproccer (kinda) fixes this but not 100%.

I'm looking forward to t3nd0's new perk overhaul, Perkus Maximus, which is not going to be as extensive as SkyRe as far as oither stuff so more compatible.

Nearox and ipmlj, thanks a lot guys. I did get my game to work, I had to sacrifice the other patches due to my laziness (I didn't want to mess with BUM). I'm not comfortable creating override rules yet.

My overall goal is have one save file that goes and completes as much as the content as possible. Like a "one true main" character. As opposed to seeing all of the content on several playthroughs. I think that would require an uncapped however, which I'm ok with.

I will look into sperg immediately!

my next question is this: how do skyrim workshop mods play with our MO mods? My guess is horrible since we can't manually patch or control any of the mods.

There's no problem with Steam Workshop mods - other than that most of them are low quality :P

Subscribe to a mod, then open the Skyrim Launcher via MO. It will download the steam workshop files to your MO Overwrite folder. From there you have to copy them into a mod install folder - and unpack the .bsa if you wish to do that.

1. Subscribe on Steam Workshop

2. Open Skyrim Launcher through MO

3. Wait until all files are downloaded

4. Go to your MO overwrite folder

5. Select the bsa and esp file of the mod(s) you subsribed to

6. Use 7z to pack them into an archive.

7. Move the archive to your downloads folder and install the mod through MO. This way you can choose whether you want to unpack the bsa (and perhaps be able to delete the esp) or not.

8. Go to Steam Workshop and Unsubscribe.

Hey Neo. Do you think Morrowloot 4E (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50740/?) will be compatible with SR:LE? Are there any conflicts I will have to resolve? As far as I know it only edits the leveled lists (where things spawn, how many spawn, when things spawn etc), but I'm not really that into modding yet as to know exactly what it involves.

My guess is there might be a conflict with WAF, CCF and CCO_remade.

But I'd really like to be wrong :)

1. Subscribe on Steam Workshop

2. Open Skyrim Launcher through MO

3. Wait until all files are downloaded

4. Go to your MO overwrite folder

5. Select the bsa and esp file of the mod(s) you subsribed to

6. Use 7z to pack them into an archive.

7. Move the archive to your downloads folder and install the mod through MO. This way you can choose whether you want to unpack the bsa (and perhaps be able to delete the esp) or not.

8. Go to Steam Workshop and Unsubscribe.

Thanks - this is very clever.  I did not know you could do this.  I have always avoided Steam Workshop stuff because I don't want them writing crap into my Skyrim folder.

Hey Neo. Do you think Morrowloot 4E (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50740/?) will be compatible with SR:LE? Are there any conflicts I will have to resolve? As far as I know it only edits the leveled lists (where things spawn' date=' how many spawn' date=' when things spawn etc), but I'm not really that into modding yet as to know exactly what it involves.[/quote'']

I would assume it will take a fair bit of editing in TES5Edit to gt the leveled lists and crafting to work correctly.  Probably not too difficult once you get the hang of it but tedious.

I am trying to remove masters from SUM.esp' date=' but tes5edit' date=' won't open if those masters are not activated. Is there a way to remove masters from SUM.esp?[/quote'']

Just re-run SUM... Why would you want to do that manually?

Right.  If you are having trouble with one of the patches you can consider running them individually outside of SUM, espcailly if you are not pushing the limit on ESPs.