Skyrim Revisited Pre-Release Feedback

That was perfect Astakos, thank you so much for this clarification.

I actually proceeded with the modding and forgot about this step until Famousdeadguy mentioned it above.

I will go try it at home and report back.

Cheers!

P.S: this data folder contains textures/sky/climates of tamriel/sunglare.dds?

Edited by Tarikko1

Hi Tarikko,

Let's get things from scratch:

1. "Vividian - Weather - Lighting and Climates of Tamriel Enhancement" part of SR:LE refers to the installation of 2 different "files/mods". The first mod is the "Extended Weathers" optional in Vividian ENB Nexus page ( you run the installer as per SR:LE recommendations) and, the second mod is the "Data" Folder which is located inside the rar archive you have already downloaded from the Main Files section of Vividian ENB Nexus page. This is the "ENB preset archive" Neo is talking about.

2. When u open this "ENB Preset Archive" (Vividian ENB-36067-4-15.rar), and look inside the "Vividian ENB / Main Files" folder you will notice a folder called "Data". This is the one Neo refers to his Special Installation instructions.

3. You can add the contents of this "Data" folder in MO, either inside the folder you have installed "Extended Weathers" (using the merge command and under the name "Vividian - Weather - Lighting and Climates of Tamriel Enhancement"), or as a new mod underneath "Extended Weathers" with a different name (i.e. "Vividian ENB - Data Files"). The choice is yours.

Hope this clarifies a bit your confusion.

Thank you, and all praise be upon your teachings. May a flock of vaginas find its way to your crotch by days' end.

Edited by FamousDeadGuy

I wish I made it up, lol. Its's from The Oatmeal. I wonder if I can finish my SR:LE install tonight...

On a seperate note, what would have to be done to use SPERG with this mod? I would use SkyRe, but there are way too many gameplay changes involved with that one. Do I just dump SPERG on top at the end, clean it, bash a patch and patch with SUM? Or are there other considerations involved?

Thank you, and all praise be upon your teachings. May a flock of vaginas find its way to your crotch by days' end.

Ha ha ha ha!!! Thank you FamousDeadGuy! LOL!!!  ::D:  ::D:

That has got to be the best line I've read in a long time... :)Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

It is indeed Neo!!  ::D:

I wish I made it up, lol. Its's from The Oatmeal. I wonder if I can finish my SR:LE install tonight...

On a seperate note, what would have to be done to use SPERG with this mod? I would use SkyRe, but there are way too many gameplay changes involved with that one. Do I just dump SPERG on top at the end, clean it, bash a patch and patch with SUM? Or are there other considerations involved?

I would also load it up in TES5Edit and see if there are any conflicts with other ESPs - then make a CR patch for it.

I pretty much think you should do this with almost any ESP you add.

I have 2 CR patches - one for SR and another Statmonster one for any extra mods I add.  This was the SR one staty identical to the guide and the Statmonster one includes all my addititional mods.

I would also load it up in TES5Edit and see if there are any conflicts with other ESPs - then make a CR patch for it.

I pretty much think you should do this with almost any ESP you add.

I have 2 CR patches - one for SR and another Statmonster one for any extra mods I add.  This was the SR one staty identical to the guide and the Statmonster one includes all my addititional mods.

I'm assuming a CR patch is something from TES5Edit? Looks like it's learning time.

I'm assuming a CR patch is something from TES5Edit? Looks like it's learning time.

CR patch stands for Conflict Resolution patch (and yes it's done with TES5Edit). The SR guide goes through making one for the mods in the guide, though you'll need to learn how it all works if you want to make one for additional mods. Following the guide it's not hard but it's been hard for me to try and figure out the ins and outs of making one from scratch. I do seem to learn something every time I do one though so eventually I'll probably absorb enough knowledge to feel comfortable with doing it for extra mods.

Edited by Wicketklown001

As Tarikko1 mentioned in post 3201, the Body section is a little tricky. I found with the two Better Males archives that I had to drag the folders around during MO installation to get the options I wanted. It's not as easy as just selecting a single folder as the data folder.

However I also noticed something for those of you that might choose the Better Males Underwear version. With the subsequent installation of Forgotten Argonian Roots, you overwrite two argonian male body files from Better Males Underwear. For those of you more clever than me, if I want to avoid nude argonian males, will I need to remove the two files from Forgotten Argonian Roots in favor of the two from Better Males Underwear? And if I did that, I guess I would have to live with mismatched skin for argonian males.

texturesactorscharacterargonianmaleargonianmalebody.dds

texturesactorscharacterargonianmaleargonianmalebody_msn.dds

This is Courtesy of Astakos, who was kind enough to send me the instructions via PM:

Now, let's take it one step at a time:

• Install Faces - GeonoxFaces: Download the first file of Main Files section in mod's Nexus page. That is v. 1.2 of 6 Feb 2012. You install it as normal. At installation window right-click on "data" folder and choose "set data directory". You will end up with only a "Textures" folder nad MO turns green. Enter the name "Better Males" in the top field box and click OK. This first part has been installed in MO with the name of Better Males. Now, you will merge the rest of the installation files into the "Better Males" mod/folder you have just created (this is what I have done as I don't want to clutter a lot my mod list - if you wish to install each sub-mod/optional on its own then you just change the name to something different.)
  • Install the Optional Smooth Normal Map from faces-GeonoxFaces: You open again the same file you downloaded in step 1 (install mod), right click in "Documentation and option" folder -> "set data directory" -> expand [sMOOTH FACE GEONOX OPTION] -> right click "data" folder -> "set data directory" -> u r left with the "textures" folder and MO turns green. Change the name in the top field box to "Better Males" then click OK and then "Merge" in the next window that pops-up. You have now installed the optional Smooth Normal Map along with Faces-GeonoxFaces (from step 1) into a sngle mod folder in MO called "Better Males" I think that now you should be getting the idea of what merge function does.
  • Install Nudes - FavoredSoulMeshes - FlaccidVersion or Underwear - Default: Download v.2.3.2 of any of the 2 files located in the Main Files section of mod's nexus page. For either of your choices, install it as normal and in installation window right click on 'data" folder -> "set data directory". You will then get 2 foldes (meshes & textures) -> MO turns green. Change the name in the box above and type Better Males -> OK -> Merge.
  • Install the optional of Body Hair 3 of Nudes - FavoredSoulMeshes - FlaccidVersion or Underwear - Default: Install again the same mod you chose in step 3 and during installation window expand [OPTIONS] -> expand [HAIR BODY TEXTURES] -> expand Body Hair 3 -> right click on this "data" folder -> "set data directory" -> "Textures" folder is solely visible, MO turns green -> change again the name in top box to Better Males -> click OK -> Merge.

That is mate! You have installed all main files+optionals in one mod folder in MO under the name "Better Males"

Now perform all copy-pasting-renaming actions suggested by Neo for the vampires part (this is usual file managing in MO's folder via windows explorer) and you are good to go!

• +1 1

The problem with the SRCR patch is that it constantly being updated. I re-built it last week and already there are many more changes. I'm not doing it again for a while. I will wait until SR is closer to completion before re-building, then again I may do it again anyway, it only takes an hour to do.

::):

P.S. incidentally as far as using the merge tool in MO goes you don't need to re-type the mod title every time as there is a drop down menu at the title field.

Edited by Smile44