Skyrim Revisited Pre-Release Feedback

Face to face conversation has been updated to version 3.2 at 15th of June while in the guide it's still at version 3.1. Is this done on purpose or should it be updated in the guide?Similarly, iHUD has changed to version 3.0 beta 2, while the guide is still at version 2.4.

I'll look at these tonight and update as needed.

Guide instructions for the new MO version are now live. Major changes:

1. BSA extraction is now a plugin that needs to be enabled.

2. Unofficial Patches need to be interleaved with the new "Non-MO" mods that represent Bethesda assets and the optimized textures. Falskaar and Wyrmstooth have been moved to the top of the "World of Skyrim" section to accommodate this.

3. Several references on how to enable certain MO functions has been updated to the new layout of the MO window.

Also corrected a few typos and made clarification notes. If you have any issues with the new instructions please let me know. Moving on to other mods that have been updated now.

MO has found a "Potential Mod order problem", stated as follows:

The conflict resolution order for some mods containing scripts differs from that of the corresponding esp.

This may lead to subtle, hard to locate bugs. You should re-order the affected mods (left list!).
There is no way to reliably know if each of these changes is absolutely necessary but its definitively safer.
If someone suggested you ignore this message, please give them a proper slapping from me. Do not ignore this warning
The following changes should prevent these kinds of errors:

• Move Provincial Courier Service after Enhanced Blood Textures
  • Move Alternate Start - Live Another Life after Provincial Courier Service

In the guide the MO settings are to keep extracting BSAs, but in the MO part of the forum with respect to these changes made to MO there was a lot of discussion and insistence in not extracting them, at least for the USKP etc.. Is this still the case or should we extract the BSAs from the unofficial patches. Based on the guide we should, was this ever resolved?

::):

In regard to extracting BSAs: It is true we don't have to do so for every mod anymore however there is no real harm in doing so for a modern system provided you are ordering properly. That being said, for reduced tedium I just let them all extract otherwise you'd be flipping the plugin on and off repeatedly for little benefit other than disk space.

Having them extracted is also convenient for modding work as well. :)

HI it looks like you are getting traps sorted out lately, I wonder if you have given any thought to a mod called "Subliminal Traps 2" it has recently been updated and now has a Sovngarde edition which replaces the really obvious pressure plates with a small rock pile. It is really immersive as it makes you start to notice like large weapons dangling from ceilings or unusual rock or log piles. Certainly walking around the edges in such places is crucial. With taps in SR:LE now being more dangerous it would seem that something like this would be the last part of that particular puzzle and it is just meshes. What do you think?

HI it looks like you are getting traps sorted out lately, I wonder if you have given any thought to a mod called "Subliminal Traps 2" it has recently been updated and now has a Sovngarde edition which replaces the really obvious pressure plates with a small rock pile. It is really immersive as it makes you start to notice like large weapons dangling from ceilings or unusual rock or log piles. Certainly walking around the edges in such places is crucial. With taps in SR:LE now being more dangerous it would seem that something like this would be the last part of that particular puzzle and it is just meshes. What do you think?

I've looked at it... the Sovngarde edition pressure plates are brutal. The tripwire changes are decent but half of the options were way too transparent... in the end I think I may go with the RLO version as the middle ground. Hard to see but not impossible, wtb trap detection skill!

Edit: Added! Makes dungeon crawling a bit more of an adventure when you need to look out harder for traps.