Skyrim Revisited Pre-Release Feedback

Probably not as I don't think there are any conflicts between them. (You can tell if there are by right clicking them in MO, and choosing the conflicts tab.)

There are however itger mods that interact with SKSE and these need to go after it.

Edited by statmonster

As I get deeper into my latest play through I've bought a couple of houses and realized what pigs and klutzes my housemates are - whenever I come home there is crap laying everywhere. (God - I sound like my mother!) Whenever they walk around they house they fling more stuff around. I tried picking it up and putting it back but THAT was a exercise in frustration!

So.... I think I'm going to try Jaxonz's Positioner to tidy things up.... And maybe even do a bit of interior decorating myself!

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52583

Anyone have any experience with this mod?

Or maybe I should just get Jaxonz Utilities https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/60910/?

Thoughts?

PS - He (she?) has some very clever utility mods - too bad he/she stopped modding Skyrim on Sunday.

Edited by statmonster

I've noticed something odd with the distant terrain when it comes to ice floes and bergs. It's like it isn't playing ball with the ENB or the Lighting. Any advice as to what's going on? I should point out it looks nothing like that up close, only beyond a certain distance.

o2so4V3.jpg

Edited by hazelwolf
Neo's instructions only say to install the stars. You could probably install one of the galaxies if you want to try it out. I can't say why Neo doesn't include a galaxy but I assume that it's either personal preference or maybe there are issues with the galaxies or maybe there are issues with the ENB and the galaxies.

Thank you. That's the way I read it also, but it occurred to me that the stars were not the main focus of that particular mod, so I wondered if I was misreading it or overlooking something obvious.

I went from Kynesgrove to Shirestone via Northwind Summit (with a bounty quest to kill the dragon there). Two notable things:

1. The terrain along the southern part of this road (for example near Steam Crag Giant Camp) was pretty ugly/garish. It looked vaguely unnatural - but not in a mystical way or anything - just kind of jarring and ugly. If you travel this route you might want to take a look at the terrain and see if you like it. (I suppose it's such a big contrast to the rest of SRLE Skyrim which has looked amazing.)

2. The dragon at Northwind Summit failed to spawn - I just got the collection if skeletons. I've completed Dragon Rising - and got the bounty to kill thus dragon on my first visit to Ivarstead on my way to see the Grey Beards. After various attempts to fix it I ended up having to just setstage 100 the quest. Not sure why this happened - other than USKP changing the mine to ebony and SIC spawning extra and more powerful seketon(s) I've got no mods affecting the area AFAIK. I'm thinking this was just see random vanilla glitch unrelated to SRLE but I've never had it before.

Edited by statmonster

As I get deeper into my latest play through I've bought a couple of houses and realized what pigs and klutzes my housemates are - whenever I come home there is crap laying everywhere. (God - I sound like my mother!) Whenever they walk around they house they fling more stuff around. I tried picking it up and putting it back but THAT was a exercise in frustration!

So.... I think I'm going to try Jaxonz's Positioner to tidy things up.... And maybe even do a bit of interior decorating myself!

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52583

Anyone have any experience with this mod?

Or maybe I should just get Jaxonz Utilities https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/60910/?

Thoughts?

PS - He (she?) has some very clever utility mods - too bad he/she stopped modding Skyrim on Sunday.

I haven't had a chance to fully use her mods, but one of the things I've read is that it's best to not use the utilities one unless you want all of the features.

Also, I think you can even move bookshelves and mannequins and lights, too, with the positioner mod. I have that one and her map markers mod in my load order but, like I said, haven't fully tested them. A couple of things I noticed about plucking containers from the world and putting them into my inventory - 1) the container's weight did not reflect it's contents (meaning that you could put 10k units of weight into a barrel, put the barrel into your inventory, and not be encumbered) and 2) if the container is marked to respawn, then the contents can change from one location to another.

Also, regarding the positioning mod, would it not be better for save games to do major decorating in the CK? That's something I've been wondering about.

Edited by danielleonyett

Thanks.

I ended up going only with the Positioner. The Renamer sounded interesting but not essential. The others not so much. (I was back and forth in the archery one - automatically slipping from 3rd to 1st person would be nice but I wondered if it might interfere with the camera mods.) The Game To Mod looks really interesting and I might grab it in the future but not really what I want now (which U.S. simply to clean up the mess in some of the houses).

The idea above of adding an enchanting table to Breezehome is clever - maybe I'll steal Farangar's when I get back to Whiterun!

Edited by statmonster

I have archery installed too but so far haven't found any real uses for it so it will be gone on next setup. I will get the renamer though to help with organizing containers and such. Also highly recommend breezehome fully upgradable mod if you like to have all your tables and tools neatly organized

I almost installed Beezehome Fully Upgraded but when I looked at it in TES5Edit there were a load of conflicts with other mods in Whiterun and Breezehome. (Many of these were REGS mods, not SRLE ones, but I don't think they all were.) Given that BFU was already a little more than what I was looking for anyway, I decided not to bother trying to deconflict it.

I almost installed Beezehome Fully Upgraded but when I looked at it in TES5Edit there were a load of conflicts with other mods in Whiterun and Breezehome. (Many of these were REGS mods, not SRLE ones, but I don't think they all were.) Given that BFU was already a little more than what I was looking for anyway, I decided not to bother trying to deconflict it.

Load that Breezehome mod before JK's whiterun and you'll not have problems (with REGS mods that is, except maybe for clipping items)

The followers will even be able to use the balcony door.

Edited by CJ2311