Not the 'Holds - City Overhaul' bug you were expecting...

Lugubrious0ne

Question

Don't worry, I've seen the worldspace bounds error issue come up a lot of times, and this isn't that.

Basically, when running Holds - The City Overhaul and Dyndolod, I have an issue with ground levels - specifically in the new Falkreath, which is now separate from the rest of the Skyrim worldspace. Ground levels are all over the place - it is possible to walk under some buildings, and the city walls, because of valleys, and certain doorways are almost blocked up because of hills. In addition to this, certain 'long distance' tree sprites are rendered in the middle of town, and do not gain in detail when you walk up to them. I'm pretty sure Falkreath is not the only space affected by this - I noticed inconsistencies in Solitude as well.

I'm not sure that Dyndolod is to blame for this, but if it is, I guess I messed up somewhere in LOD generation. What steps can I take to make sure that when generating with Dyndolod, Holds Overhaul takes priority in determining ground levels and tree placement in and around the cities?

Thanks for any help!

1 answer to this question

DynDOLOD generates tree and object LOD. It does not generate terrain/water LOD, which would be the thing that relates to "ground". So there is really nothing I could suggest in that regard.

In any case, the problem you are describing seems to be happening in the loaded cells, which is where typically all LOD is disabled.

FAQ: Tree LOD: LOD trees show in child worlds / towns

Answer: This is a game engine limitation. A mod added trees into the same area in the parent world. Either disable that mod when generating tree LOD, or add a XESP - Enable Parent to the player reference 0x00000014 to each tree in question. Tree LOD generation skips all trees with enable parents leaving them to be done as static or dynamic LOD which don't have the limitation.