Adjustable HUD Not Working

Barachiel

Question

I'm having problems getting aHUD set up and running, and iHUD is having some minor issues too, though I'm getting them resolved.  First attempt, it simply would not move any elements.  Also, iHUD wasn't acknowledging certain elements (compass, AP, CND) as being present, even though it controlled them just fine.  

So I reinstalled aHUD, being sure to follow the indicated instructions properly (hide the hud_main.xml file, make the darn folder, copy the file and rername).  I reloaded.  Well, now those three elements that iHUD didn't recognize were *gone*.  I went into iHUD and tried to set them to "Always On."  Nope, gone.  

So I exit again, and reinstall iHUD.  Nope.  So I turn off aHUD, and they're back.  

I checked over on the aHUD nexus page, and it seems like I'm not the only person having issues, but there's no help there.  

I've also dabbled with reinstalling UIO and the Darnified with FWE support.  Nothing happened there.  So my status quo is, if I want iHUD to work, aHUD has to be disabled.  If aHUD is disabled, I lose UI elements and it won't ove the ones it does have.

It's rather annoying because aHUD works *perfectly* on my Fear and Loathing setup.  I don't get what's going wrong.

6 answers to this question

Several times while installing and testing I found that aHud wasn't working. I remember having to reinstall it and then hide the menus\main\hud_main_menu.xml file and copy the hudtemplates.xml file (as per the guide) before restarting, but I don't remember whether there were other changes I needed to make.

As mentioned in the guide, UIO changes the menus\main\hud_main_menu.xml file in the mod with the highest MO priority that has this file. If you get the order of the UI mods wrong, then before running the game again you should delete and reinstall the mod whose file was changed and then get the mod order corrected before restarting.

I am using Adjustable HUD - Darnified (version 1.2.1). In the Adjustable HUD mod folder in MO there should be a file aHUD.esm (18,963 bytes). In menus\prefabs\aHud folder there should be two files:  hudtemplates.xml (25,269 bytes) and hudtemplates_darn.xml (69,262 bytes). There should be a menus\prefabs\darn folder with hudtemplates.xml (69,262 bytes). The menus\main\hud_main_menu.xml file should be removed or hidden (extension mohidden).

In the DarnUI Support for FWE folder there should be a menus\main\hud_main_menu.xml file. If you look at the bottom of the file with an editor such as Notepad++ at the bottom of the file you will see a series of lines such as: <include src= "fwe\stealthmeter_dui.xml" /> . The number of such lines depends on which UI mods UIO notices; I have 12 lines. These lines are added to the file by UIO.

The size of this hud_main_menu.xml file depends on how many such lines there are; my file is 25,463 bytes.

Does this help?

For aHUD, my hudtemplates_darn.xml files is 69,632 KB.  Everything else matches what you describe.  This is a brand new fresh install, applied yesterday.  I hit "Replace" not "Merge" when installing it.  

In Darn Support FWE, my hud_main_menu.xml has 887 lines.  The one you referenced is #876.  The size is 25,416 KB.  

The numbers I gave were for file size, not size on disk. The hudtemplates_darn.xml  file size on disk is 69, 632. This file, and the menus\prefabs\darn\hudtemplates.xml file, should be exactly the same.

Your hud_main_menu.xml file sounds like it is very similar to mine.

Check the Archives tab in the right side menu and make sure you see Fallout - Invalidation.bsa. It will typically be in gray at the top. If not go to profiles and check automatic archive invalidation