Skyrim SE Script extender : any updates or is it dead ?

I could say that about the game-breaking bugs fixed in the unofficial patch that they didn't fix as well. It would appear that Bethesda and Zenimax really only care about Fallout 4, likely since it outsold Skyrim. Now, FO4 is even getting a fully interactive VR Vive update.

It was nice that they retro-updated the Skyrim engine after the FO4 updates, but without SKSE, I don't see any Skyrim fans actually using the new 64-bit game aside from a bit of novelty to see the differences.

I wonder if we won't see some people building total conversions for FO4 to import all the Skyrim assets, thus being able to play Skyrim in fully interactive VR.

Since people seem to have trouble finding it, this is the newest information regarding the SKSE64 (from a little over a month ago).

Ian Patterson:

Sorry, this isn't intended to be an April Fools joke or something like that.

I don't really have any good news. A large amount of the core code (papyrus support, scaleform support, etc) is ready, but the layout of most of the game data classes still needs to be verified as unchanged from the 32-bit version.

I haven't had any time to work on this for the past few months due to work, and I assume the same is true for Stephen. Making time estimates for full-time professional engineering projects is very hard, and this is far from that.

Again, sorry for getting people's hopes up. 

Basically, the they haven't had time to work on it since their December update video, and don't foresee this changing anytime soon.

• 3 weeks later...