3D Tree LOD creation yields "Exception in unit line -1: Error in unit 'functions' on line 390 : 'end' expected but End of File found"

David2408

Question

Hey there,

I have been trying to create 3D Tree LOD for Skyrim SE using DynDoLOD and according optimized passthru_lod meshes for the trees. 

When creating the bto files for the Tamriel worldspace, at some point after regular "Waiting for LODGenx64.exe to finish ..." loops, the log gives out:

"Exception in unit  line -1: Error in unit 'functions' on line 390 : 'end' expected but End of File found".

After that line in the log, DynDoLOD stops the log and apparently also stops functioning because no plugin is created, whereas bto files are still being created by the LODGen executable.

I have no clue what is going on, what is causing it, and how to remedy.

Help will be gladly accepted.

8 answers to this question

I will try using these and report back.

Please note LODGen did not crash for me and just kept generating bto files until finished, but instead DynDoLOD stopped logging and functioning after giving that error line.

The log for LODGen did not show any anomalies.

Edited by David2408

Just tried again using the versions of LODGen you provided and DynDoLOD still logs the same error at some point during bto file creation for Tamriel worldspace.

LODGen still kept generating bto files after the error line in the DynDoLOD log, but DynDoLOD stopped operating. Neither did crash, though.

I will try using these and report back.

Please note LODGen did not crash for me and just kept generating bto files until finished, but instead DynDoLOD stopped logging and functioning after giving that error line.

The log for LODGen did not show any anomalies.

Hmm, wierd, but if LODGen.exe finishes without error you can safely ignore that error in DynDOLOD. Just wait for all LODGen.exe to finish and then close DynDOLOD.exe with X top right, it should still prompt to save the DynDOLOD.esp and everything should be fine.

Edited by sheson
  • +1 1