SRLE Extended LOTD bugs and play through Issues

Lexy i know...still in the corner whimpering and licking my wounds, wondering why the worlds about to end.....LOL, congrats to the English boys....still the sun beats down on the warm golden sands, with a gentle breeze singing through palm leaves. Behind the bushes lie the soft spoken Jamaican, Barbados (etc) boys, waiting to unleash their hurricane fury, on the poor unsuspecting pale eyed boys from northern cold climes. With Master Gale to supply "A MASTER CLASS", with the songs of Whispering death, Ambrose, Walsh, Richard, soaring through his blood of glory days gone bye....Enough of that

Berndaroy

• 2 months later...

I have come across several places where unique cloaks are supposed to be only to find they aren't there; specifically, Vaermina's Devotion and Cape - Companions. Yes, I have cloaks of skyrim (and the rest) enabled and distributed in CCOR's MCM section. I was able to craft non-unique cloaks, and guards and the like were wearing them no problem, but whenever a cloak was supposed to be placed in the world (to include non uniques, like hold cloaks laying around the guard barracks), it simply wasn't there.

I did fiddle with the left-panel load order in hopes that the texture/mesh packs simply needed to load after CCOR (thinking perhaps they were there, but invisible?), but that didn't help.

While doing some research into the issue, I found this post which suggests there is a problem in CCOR. Indeed, when I used TES5Edit to delete the suggested entry, the cloaks appeared. I'm not sure what repercussions that will have for the rest of the mod, though....

Edited by AyaJulia

I have come across several places where unique cloaks are supposed to be only to find they aren't there; specifically, Vaermina's Devotion and Cape - Companions. Yes, I have cloaks of skyrim (and the rest) enabled and distributed in CCOR's MCM section. I was able to craft non-unique cloaks, and guards and the like were wearing them no problem, but whenever a cloak was supposed to be placed in the world (to include non uniques, like hold cloaks laying around the guard barracks), it simply wasn't there.

I did fiddle with the left-panel load order in hopes that the texture/mesh packs simply needed to load after CCOR (thinking perhaps they were there, but invisible?), but that didn't help.

While doing some research into the issue, I found this post which suggests there is a problem in CCOR. Indeed, when I used TES5Edit to delete the suggested entry, the cloaks appeared. I'm not sure what repercussions that will have for the rest of the mod, though....

Interesting this need a bit of investigation cos know for a fact I have the Companions cloak (cos it on my character) that you can find in jorrvaskr and recently I found the Mossy Wrap at Maras Eye Pond.

I will have to keep a eye out for unique cloaks

Edit: I have checked my inventory and I also have the "Greybeards Mantle" cloak so at least for me they are showing up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

17. CRITICAL GAME BREAKING BUG: During the main quest at the Thalmor embassy you can't get through the door to continue on with the main quest see Pic:

https://imgur.com/QcrDwYK This need fix ASAP.  This bug has resolved itself possible engine glitch will keep an eye on it.

Have run into this in my playthrough. Google-fu has narrowed the problem down to ELFX. There are bug reports about it from back in 2013. Given the mod is still being updated as recently as Oct 2017, I'm not sure why it hasn't been found and fixed yet....

I was able to restore the door behind Malborn by deleting the four "PortalMarker" records in Cell > Block 7 > Sub-block 4 > ThalmorEmbassy > Temporary.

BUT

There are still further visual issues in the rest of the embassy as well. Rooms that don't appear until you walk into the grey and all that jazz. Not nice. I don't really care to find every single problem record, so I've just deleted ThalmorEmbassy altogether from ELFX's Cell > Block 7 > Sub-block 4.

• +1 1

Have run into this in my playthrough. Google-fu has narrowed the problem down to ELFX. There are bug reports about it from back in 2013. Given the mod is still being updated as recently as Oct 2017, I'm not sure why it hasn't been found and fixed yet....

I was able to restore the door behind Malborn by deleting the four "PortalMarker" records in Cell > Block 7 > Sub-block 4 > ThalmorEmbassy > Temporary.

BUT

There are still further visual issues in the rest of the embassy as well. Rooms that don't appear until you walk into the grey and all that jazz. Not nice. I don't really care to find every single problem record, so I've just deleted ThalmorEmbassy altogether from ELFX's Cell > Block 7 > Sub-block 4.

ok interesting thank you. You would of thought the mod author would of fixed this by now. I am with you I can like without ELFX for the Thalmor Embassy if it means less annoying game breaking bugs there.

Edited: tested works I can cope with that will add to guide thank for finding this.

Minor spoiler for Inigo's quest:

When arriving at Langley's Cabin, the player is asked to gather 6-8 Snow Thrush eggs from nests hidden around the cabin.  7 of them are easily accessible, but the last is obscured inside a tree, which I think is being modified by Immersive Fallen Trees.  Pictures here of the tree in question and the location of the nest: The nest ends up being impossible to reach without turning on noclip, since the modified navmesh of the tree won't allow you to climb to the right spot. At 18 seconds into this video you can see what the tree should look like, to make the nest accessible: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsL1PCClQeA?t=18s

yes i remember having that issue with that part of the quest now but didn't look into it at the time. It might a simple fix of letting inigo overwrite Flora and trees merge. If not then you might need to let the mod author of immersive fallen trees know cos I can't fix navmesh issues due to lack of skill and knowledge.

29. Navmesh conflict with Inigo during his quest to gather eggs. - Possible navmesh conflict with Immersive fallen trees (need to let Author know)

I have inform the mod author of immersive fallen tress about this as it beyond my skills to fix so for now just the console command.

Edit: Just tried moving the nest using Cobb Positioner but it won't select it so can't move it so will need proper patch which is beyond my skills.

29. Navmesh conflict with Inigo during his quest to gather eggs. - Possible navmesh conflict with Immersive fallen trees (need to let Author know)

I have inform the mod author of immersive fallen tress about this as it beyond my skills to fix so for now just the console command.

Edit: Just tried moving the nest using Cobb Positioner but it won't select it so can't move it so will need proper patch which is beyond my skills.

Thank you!  I also tried a few things to fix it, but wasn't able to either.  On the plus side only 6 eggs are actually required to complete the quest, so at least it's not game-breaking.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is the correct spot or not but I have a question regarding Wyre bash's Bashed patch:

I followed the guide to the letter (And learned some in the process), made it all the way to the bashed patch, I created this, ASIS, and DSR in that order. However when I loaded Skyrim it gets to the first screen with the emblem, and just sits there. it does not freeze or such but it does not load the main menu.

I waited 20 mins and no change, I know it would load because before the patches but after the merge section I booted Skyrim and I had the main menu in less then 2 mins, I went through and removed DynDOLOD, DSR, ASIS, and Bashed patch one by one, loading Skyrim after each was removed. Skyrim would load with any combination of the patches loaded EXCEPT for the bash patch...

Anything with the bash patch included as instructed by the guide results in skyrim refusing to load the main menu. NOW I rebuilt the patch a few times and nothing, until I googled and thru a couple hours reading hit on a wyre bash setup for the bash patch that only ticks the "Names" "stats" "tweaks" and "Leveled lists" and when I built the patch this way Skyrim loaded right up no issue.

My question is, is this going to create problems for me down the road? does the Bash patch need the other items ticked when making the patch for this mod list to function correctly?

Sorry, This is a completely vanilla install of SKyrim and all DLC. All previous installs have been removed, infact everything on my computer that was titled "Skyrim" was purged completely.

P.S. Happy holidays and Happy New year!