Skyrim Special Edition Enhanced

I'm aware of the limit. The wiki was never meant to be used for such things as these large guides. That's why it's on the list to try to find a way to get these guides off the wiki and onto the new front-end we'll be developing.

050.jpg

::P:

Paul. I was wondering if I could get you opinion on Open Cities. Its a mod I think is very nice but what are conflicts like with your town and village section.

Tech. Should I continue working on my guide or will I just have to start all over. I was also wondering how far into the future this is happening

Anyone interested in helping me get started. I kind of have an idea of how tes5edit works but am nervous about getting started. I don't really get the tes5edit video linked from Neos page. The creator of it didn't present it well and I don't quite get the part where I actually create the patch. I think I feel semi ok with which edits I need to forward, well at least the theory of it. I won't have time to really look into it till the weekend but I figure that the Wiki will have a guide which explains what the edit descriptions are. Can anyone maybe link me a good video on the subject? I am also thinking I want to do individual patches over one main CR. What is the best way to go about doing that?

Tech. Should I continue working on my guide or will I just have to start all over. I was also wondering how far into the future this is happening

Well, at this moment, I have no idea. It was suppose to have already started, but...delays. Lets say it should be this year.

Paul. I was wondering if I could get you opinion on Open Cities. Its a mod I think is very nice but what are conflicts like with your town and village section.

Anyone interested in helping me get started. I kind of have an idea of how tes5edit works but am nervous about getting started. I don't really get the tes5edit video linked from Neos page. The creator of it didn't present it well and I don't quite get the part where I actually create the patch. I think I feel semi ok with which edits I need to forward, well at least the theory of it. I won't have time to really look into it till the weekend but I figure that the Wiki will have a guide which explains what the edit descriptions are. Can anyone maybe link me a good video on the subject? I am also thinking I want to do individual patches over one main CR. What is the best way to go about doing that?

Open cities is nice but it's a compatibility challenge for some mods. Most of the city overhauls have compatibility patches for the mod but some dont. But for example if a mod you install places an item into the city worldspace you wont be able to see it only if you enter that worldspace and not in the Open Cities one. There are hidden "portals" to enter those from within Open Cities but i think it's not immersive. Anyway it's up to you if you want to go the trouble. For me the loading into cities is not an issue.

And about xEdit... well i dont know what to say. I don't know about it maybe only half by now and all the info I took from all the nice people here in the Skyrim Community. When i started i knew nothing. Google is your help aswell.

This is a STEP tutorial: https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:XEdit

GamerPoets does a nice tutorial aswell: 

Some CR tutorial: 

Another tut: https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=TES5Edit_Documentation

It's not that hard... most of the choices you make are personal choices. Like how you want your game to look and feel and that's the mod that should win the conflict. Some are just edits that are bad and need fixing or removing. Uh there are so many things that I don't know how to compress them in few words. 

Also you can use Neo's CR guide as a point of reference even if it's old. That is the first CR i did in xEdit and from which i started learning. If you have questions ask but please not these general questions since i have no clue what to say :D

Edited by paul666root
  • 2 weeks later...

Your full pack then

I'm using MO2 not WB, done tes5merge patch, then bashed patch.

As for info i added obis SE, paradise city SE, webs SE, Bijin warmaidens SE , unread books glow SE, ordinary women (ported), all the dx armor collection, AFT SE , skyhide dont show headgear, better vampire lord transformation SE, amb book of silence Armors + blade armor sse fix, ez2c Dialoge menu SE, the 20% more perk for ordinator, the Breezhome TNF I ported to SE (I set it hidden because Eli one is probably better), KS Hairs + KS Multicolor, Demoniac Skin, Mikan Eyes, More vampire Eyes SE, equippable tattoos unp SE.

Also using Rudy ENB for VW + ELFX modified to work with Dolomite

So far no issues, everything work wonders.

Just telling so maybe you can see something you like. Paradise city is really worth imo.

Inviato dal mio MHA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. All the texture mods you posted are included in SMC. SMC contains around 330 texture mods combined but are not shown in that list but only SMC Part1,2,3 folders.

the 20% more perk for ordinator this i replaced by https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/8889/?

it's more configurable and can adjust there in the ini skillgain to 1.2. This way you gain additional perk every 5 levels just like that esp but without extra esp.

didnt go with bijin this time i played in oldrim with it too much.

i used Book of UUNP and contains more armors than DX collection

Tried ENB first but i ended up with a Reshade since it has almost all options ans enb and it is more performance friendly. ENB is not as optimized for SSE as is for Oldrim.

Don't think i can use Paradise city since i got a lot of custom merged city mods and i'm sure it will be lots of clipping.

AFT i think needs some update before i can use it

I used Breezehome Fully Upgradable and not TNF but i guess its a personal choice

We made a custom conflict resolution by hand which is more stable than an xedit merge patch. Also dont use bashed patch. All leveled lists are adjusted by hand in the CR

thanks for the imput.

• +1 1

Ouch, you made it sound as i made everything wrong :P

About SMC, i suppose is "Skyrim Mod Combiner" for Oldrim, are all the pack working with SSE aswell without issues? if so, i think i give it a try.

Bijin indeed is just a matter of taste, i just use Warmaidens, and cover other 60 npc with Ordinary Women, loaded and saved out in CK to max the compatiblity.

I use Book of UUNP aswell, but it does not contain the DX armors, those i added after the BO-UUNP.

ENB aswell is matter of taste, your suggested Reshade is a piece of art, fantastic really. But im seriously a noob and have no experiance on modifiy settings on reshade, while on ENB i am able to "personalize" it as i want, that's why i use it.

Now, i never understood how to make the conflict res patch, so i skip it  (i watched tons of vids about how to, and always ended up messing things up), that's why i use the TES5Merge patch, is it bad? im better remove it even if i dont use the handmade conflict resolution?

Thanks for telling to not use the bashed, i just remove it then.

Cheers

no that was not my intention to impose your modlist to be wrong i just said why i chose what i chose. You can use what you like.

yes SMC is Skyrim Mod Combiner and no not all mods work with SSE without conversion. Half needed conversion some were already converted and some worked as is. JD (the other Pack Author for our Oldrim guides) did the converting i dont want to take any credit for that.

i never used the xedit merged patch so i dont know what exactly it does... but i am sure that it doesn't fix every conflict well... 

and about the bashed patch you should use it! If you dont fix manually the leveled lists you need it. That doesnt fix everything well aswell but if you dont know how to fiddle with leveled lists use it.

Hey, I've used your post as a good starting point and am really happy with the results and smoothness SSE brings along. I was just wondering if you have tweaked the modlist in the OP much since it hasn't been edited in a couple of weeks?

Obviously I don't have access to some of the mods you've managed to grab and/ or port, but still I'm glad I made the switch.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.