Morroblivion Overhaul

Diana_TES_GotH

Ok, so I am going to bed now. I haven't been able to get Oblivion Reloaded to run on my laptop, but I will try it on my desktop tomorrow evening, hopefully. I have an eye exam tomorrow afternoon that requires I get my eyes dilated and it really does affect me for several hours. If someone finds a solution before I am able to figure it out, please share it. 

Thanks for all the hard work! :)

I'm at the point where Morroblivion is working (finished section 'Morroblivion with Fixes and Improvements' without Oblivion Reloaded). So my question is: what do you suggest - play Morroblivion as it is; wait for guide to be completed; or maybe add Overhauls and then give it a go?

Are you going to add some Morroblivion-specific quest mods? If next changes are going to be purely cosmetical, I can live with default looks and performance.

Thanks for all the hard work! :)

I'm at the point where Morroblivion is working (finished section 'Morroblivion with Fixes and Improvements' without Oblivion Reloaded). So my question is: what do you suggest - play Morroblivion as it is; wait for guide to be completed; or maybe add Overhauls and then give it a go?

Are you going to add some Morroblivion-specific quest mods? If next changes are going to be purely cosmetical, I can live with default looks and performance.

Yes, I would suggest to wait until I have updated the rest of the guide. Get familiar with Morroblivion. This way if you run into any issues it would be easier for us to track them down. Ponyrider0 is keeping track of all the bugs and working with the team are working on the fixes. Hopefully soon there will be an Unnofficial Patch for Morroblivion that will eliminate having to install so many fixes. Progress is being made toward this. 

I'm heading out now, so I'll check back in this evening.

Edited by Diana_TES_GotH

I am still trying to resolve my own issues with my laptop setup. I had to uninstall and reinstall everything again because whatever problems I was having with Oblivion Reloaded corrupted my game files and over writing them with the backup files did not solve the issue. During the process I found the following possible solutions (that I have yet to test, but may be useful to other users) and have revised the guide with the following:

Revised:

‎Pre-requisite Steps Section to reflect current Recommended and Required settings for Oblivion's Video Launcher Settings and INI Tweaks.

‎Install Essential Utilities section to reflect that DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010) and Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 are Core.

Added:

Troubleshooting Common Issues section PSA: OR and G-SYNC as a possible solution for some Oblivion Reloaded users.

:teehee:  To lighten the mood, I told the honey how mcshame ask me if I ever sleep. He and i have a long standing joke that he will never get bored with me because he's always left to wonder which personality he'll wake up to the next day. I'm born on the cusp of Gemini and Cancer, so automatically I have a minimum of three personalities:

Diana: Wife, Mother, Grandmother, Daughter, Sister, Friend, etc.... 

Diana, Go Gadget Girl: She loves to tear things apart and build them better than they were...

Diana TES GotH: Goddess of the Hunt in The Elder Scrolls Series.

Lately, I have allowed those first two personalities to rest up a bit before the holidays hit them hard, and I know it will. So I'll just stay awake as long as I need to in order to get my gaming friends ready to enjoy their play time during their holiday break.  :rofl:

Edited by Diana_TES_GotH

I just verified that I do not have to have Steam Overlay running when I install OBSE using Wrye Bash. I need to test this out with Mod Organizer though. Steam Overlay can cause issues with some mods, so if it is not required I will recommend to all users that Steam Overlay be unchecked for both Morrowind and Oblivion.

Don't burn yourself out working on it, we're not in any rush and will still be here when it's done. I'm still having fun with ultimate skyrim but will switch over once your build is done. I'm a Sagittarius, not quite sure what that means... Regardless, I do value my sleep. Luckily, all 3 kids were great sleepers, must run in the family!

• +1 1

In any game it is best to disable Steam's overlay. Too many issues with it to mention but be assured that it, and those from other companies, messes up MO's VFS hooking mechanism.

I thought as much. I remember when having the SRLE Reqtified installed on my PC and tried to stream it to TV for the honey to play, we had several issues until I disabled Steam Overlay. When I setup the TV as an external monitor without Steam Overlay, the game played much better.