Morroblivion Overhaul

Diana_TES_GotH

I've finished 'Morroblivion with Fixes and Improvements' section - in BOSS, WB, TES4LodGen everything's looking fine and green - but when I launch Oblivion, after initial loading screen game crashes when progress bar is filled with red :(

Uninstalling Oblivion Reloaded fixes this issue - maybe this has something to do with ini tweaks - which I can't find in either WB nor BethINI or OblivionReloaded.Weather.esp which is not recognized by BOSS and is loaded last.

Framerate outside first town is much better and acceptable :)

What OS system are you using? A couple of us are wondering if this could be Windows 10 related. My laptop and desktop both use Windows 10 and I have the CTD on Loadscreen on both.

I am thinking of adding ENBoost back into the guide. The only reason I took it out was due to it's incompatibility with the Construction Set Extender. However, the user could always use a CSE Prelauncher bat file to disable and then re-enable plugins when necessary. 

Also, I've been awaiting reliable feedback from TES Reloaded: Technical Support CTD v6.3.0 On Load Screen. I may revert back to OR v6.2.0. until we are certain the issue has been resolved.

When I finish re-editing Oblvion Reloaded.ini and the Shader settings I will re-upload the files on the Nexus. The settings I am configuring will include support for ENB users.

Edited by Diana_TES_GotH

ENBoost has been added to the Extenders and DLL Enhancements.

Oblivion Reloaded has been revised to downgrade to v6.2.0. Users who have no problems using v6.3.0 can still do so, and I have included my Oblivion Reloded.ini tweaks for both versions. Notice that each ini file is set up according to the OR version downloaded. The Oblivion Reloaded.ini are NOT the same.

To all users following this guide: I encourage you to visit ponyrider0's post on the TESRenewal forum Active Morroblivion Bugs and Fixes List 2017: Good news / Unofficial Project Announcement. If you have registered on the site, please give a thumbs up or a thumbs down to let our friend know if there is enough interest in this project. Otherwise, ponyrider0 will move on to other planned projects.

Wow @Diana_TES_GotH, after these last changes (enabling Oblivion Reloaded 6.2.0 ant utilizing batches from TES4LL) I'm very, very impressed :)

Only issue is that details seem to appear too late and start to fade way too quickly - I even can't see all people in Seyda Neen in couple steps radius. Is there any easy fix available?

Edited by polik1

Wow @Diana_TES_GotH, after these last changes (enabling Oblivion Reloaded 6.2.0 ant utilizing batches from TES4LL) I'm very, very impressed :)

Only issue is that details seem to appear too late and start to fade way too quickly - I even can't see all people in Seyda Neen in couple steps radius. Is there any easy fix available?

It sounds like an issue with either the Oblivion Reloaded FPS manager settings being too aggressive, or that it isn't running... when you are in game, try opening the Video Settings menu and moving the quality settings for Actor Fade, Item Fade and Object Fade up to the highest level (Far Right).  Then try looking around.  If you initially see much farther, but then everything disappears again, then OR FPS manager is too aggressive.  If it doesn't change, then OR FPS manager is probably disabled.  Let me know your results.

• +1 1

It sounds like an issue with either the Oblivion Reloaded FPS manager settings being too aggressive, or that it isn't running... when you are in game, try opening the Video Settings menu and moving the quality settings for Actor Fade, Item Fade and Object Fade up to the highest level (Far Right).  Then try looking around.  If you initially see much farther, but then everything disappears again, then OR FPS manager is too aggressive.  If it doesn't change, then OR FPS manager is probably disabled.  Let me know your results.

It seems OR FPS Manager is too aggressive. In .ini settings it's enabled, along with Faster (30) preset and custom settings+OR recommended tweaks.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D4_p6Uo_U0Kr-49y-ffMfbTuXhmKGCpF/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for uploading your OblivionReloaded.ini, I recognize the problem (and solution is super-easy):

[FrameRate]
Average                  = 30
Gap                      = 3
Delay                    = 1
FadeStep                 = 0.5
FadeMinObjects           = 2
FadeMinActors            = 2
GridStep                 = 1
GridMin                  = 1

Change FadeMinObjects and FadeMinActors to at least 4 or 5 (which should roughly be 25-50% of the Actor/Item/Object Fade sliders).  This will fix NPCs and smaller Objects which are in the foreground.  To increase your distant building draw distance, you will want to increase GridMin.  If you set GridMin to about 5, you should be able to see Vivec city from the prison boat in Seyda Neen (depending on where you stand).  I would increase it slowly by one to until you figure out is the lowest setting you can tolerate.  Here were the settings I used for my Phenom 2Ghz + 7950 (both overclocked):

[FrameRate]
Average                  = 30
Gap                      = 5
Delay                    = 3
FadeStep                 = 0.5
FadeMinObjects           = 4
FadeMinActors            = 4
GridStep                 = 1
GridMin                  = 5

Here is a visual guide to adjusting the Fade values: https://www.tweakguides.com/Oblivion_6.html

Edited by ponyrider0

A brief explanation of Oblivion Reloaded's [FrameRate] section (aka FPS Manager):

"Average" is your goal or target fps that you want the FPS manager to achieve.  "Gap" and "Delay" are the fps and time thresholds under which the FPS manager will allow your fps to vary before making changes to the Video Quality (FadeMin and GridMin settings). 

In other words, if your actual framerate is below [Average-Gap] for more seconds than [Delay], then the FPS manager will start decreasing the Fade settings by [FadeStep] to try to increase your framerate.  It will keep doing this until your actual framerate is above [Average-Gap] or until it has decreased those settings to [FadeMinObjects] and [FadeMinActors].  If you are in an area with known for bad performance (Seyda Neen), FPS manager may reach FadeMin settings before it can reach your desired [Average] fps.

On the other side, if your actual framerate is above [Average+Gap] for more than [Delay] seconds, the FPS manager will start increasing your Video Quality as high as it can, up to the maximum Quality Settings or until your actual framerate is in the [Average +/- Gap] window.  I hope this helps!

Edited by ponyrider0