Morroblivion Overhaul

Diana_TES_GotH

Update: [body & Replacers] is complete.

I still have more edits to perform with [Textures & Meshes] Equipment and beyond through the end of the guide.

If you had previously installed any of the sections that have been updated the past few days, just be certain to review those sections and sort your install order accordingly. I will also update all the patches to the Nexus in the next couple of days. This is the final phase of the edits we will performing on this guide. A couple of users are already in the process of testing it with the latest crpatch. It will also be uploaded to the Nexus as soon as the edits have been made to the guide.

Edited by Diana_TES_GotH

2018-01-09 Updates:

[Textures & Meshes] Equipment is complete.

[Textures & Meshes] Creatures is complete.

[Textures & Meshes] MISC is complete.

[MOB] Tamriel Rebuilt in Morroblivion is complete.

[ECTV] is complete.

[Textures & Meshes][All the Things] is complete.

Morroblivion Overhaul Patch Central has now been updated with all the files including the latest crpatch.esp created by jdsmith2816. This patch is still being tweaked as testing proceeds. Any updates will be uploaded to the Updates section on the Nexus download page.

Notice: All edits are now finished except for the Finish Line section. It will be updated and edited by the end of the week.

If you notice any discrepancies please notify me that I may correct them. 

Edited by Diana_TES_GotH
  • +1 1

Wrye Bash Users: ponyrider0 has found a solution to allow us to auto generate lods in the Wrye Bash Installers just like Mod Organizer is capable of. New instructions are now edited into the guide for TES4LODGen and TES4LL for Wrye Bash Users. We no longer have to archive and reinstall these files during our testing sessions. 

I'm pressing ahead anyway, I really want to try this and I know if I go for another mod list it will always be in the back of my mind that this would be better.

Plus I think I can learn a lot following your guide and learning something new is never a waste of time.

I can follow the order in the plugins.txt for ordering my plugins correct?

ponyrider0 believes the solution may be in the BashLoadOrders.dat file that is generated in the Oblivion saves folder which also contains the Oblivion.ini. I am working to reinstall the mods with Wrye Bash on my laptop. Hopefully by Friday I can have a copy of the BashLoadOrders.dat file that will work for everyone.

Awesome!!!! Hopefully more and more people will be drawn into this! Can't wait for the playthrough so people can see ahead of time of what the finished product will look like! I deleted everything and will redo it all again but I need to get a hang of Mod Organizer first as I believe it will be better.

Edited by Schvanys_Epitome

A few tips from ponyrider0 posted on The Morroblivion Helpdesk for Wrye Bash users that will be updated in the guide with the Wrye Bash installation instructions:

1. Undo Load Order Changes: CTRL+Z will undo any change you make to the load order.  CTRL+Y will redo those changes.  The undo/redo history is saved to disk whenever you exit Wrye Bash and reloaded when you start.  So you can potentially undo all changes you've made to Wrye Bash back to when you first installed it... and then redo all those changes.

2. Installing BOSS: putting a shortcut in \Mopy\Apps will break Wrye Bash integration (starting GUI/console & allowing Load-Order changes with Lock-Load-Order enabled).  Here's how to get around it:
- place a symbolic link for \Boss directory to \Oblivion\boss:
open a console and type the following inside the \Oblivion program directory:

mklink /d boss c:\boss(edited)

3. Installing non-BAIN mods: you can skip the working folder step for many mods by using Wrye Bash's  "Project" feature.  Here's how:
- Right-click any non-BAIN mod archive in the Installers tab, and select "Unpack to Project(s)"
- WB will ask you for a name of the new project.  Add "-BAIN" to the end of the name and press OK.
- WB will extract the selected archive into a new diamond Project icon below the original non-BAIN archive.
- Right-click the Project icon and select "Open".  An explorer window pops up into the project/working folder inside the Bash Installers folder.
- Now modify the contents just as you would any working folder.  When done, close the explorer window.
- Back in the WB Installers tab, right-click the Project icon again and select "Pack to Archive..."
- When asked for a name of the new archive you can just click OK since you've already added "-BAIN" to the project.
- Just click OK two more times if WB asks you about solid compression and block size.  The default value is fine.
- After the progress bar completes, you will have a new square Archive icon immediately below your project icon.
- You can now right-click the newly created BAIN archive and select install.
- If your new BAIN package is how you want it, then you can delete the Project and original non-BAIN archive from the Installers tab.(edited)

Updated Wrye Bash instructions for TES4LODGen and TES4LL so that steps and path names used are all consistent with method to generate projects in the Wrye Bash Installers tab.

Optimized all "Test the Game" sections so that TES4LODGen and/or TES4LL are only run when changes to the VWD or Landscape files are made.

• +1 1

This guide is truly wonderful! Having one small issue, though, in the [body & Replacers] section. I swear I'm following it to a T/installing everything in the proper order, but OCO doesn't seem to be altering Khajiit, Orcs, or Dark Elves. They appear to be totally unchanged. Any ideas?

oooooooooh **** here we go I have been wet and ready for this....is it ready for a good install Diana?

It is ready for install, I am still cleaning up some edits and working on the finishing touches in the guide. We also have users testing it out, so expect some updates in the near future for the crpatch.esp. 

Hmm, never mind. Seems I've solved the issue. Just have to load OCO (+ its patches and what-not) after the Bashed Patch. Is that normally necessary?

For testing purposes, it is normal. In the end however, these plugins will be deactivated.

Sorry for such a late reply. I have been really sick for several days. I am slowly on the mend, and hopefully I will have the edits finished soon. They are mostly edits in the Finish Line section. If I see errors in my edits, I am also trying to correct them as I move along.