Morroblivion Overhaul

Diana_TES_GotH

Hey, 

Thanks for this guide, i never played Morrowind before and only played Oblivion on console, so this is the perfect setup to play both games the way they should have been. 

I'm up to the end of the quest section and wanted to know if there is anyway to add Morrowind starts to Alternate beginnings?, and if not, is it ok to remove it or is it a master for the CR patch?

Thanks

Jim

I see that Oblivion Reloaded comes with a weather ESP, but I don't believe that the guide makes any mention of it. Should I use it or delete it?

From my understanding of the instructions you don't include the weather esp from Oblivion Reloaded. There is a weather replacement section and since Oblivion reloaded needs to stay last in the install list you don't want it to overwrite the weather mods above it. 

Edited by Jim102929

Hey Diana, can you please clarify in the merge plugins step whether we extract the entire archive to the TES4Edit folder in the oblivion directory or just the files you mention on the next line. 

This is entirely a personal preference. The only files needed for this guide are the ones listed in the steps I have laid out.

For your TES4LL step you list tes4qlod_Oblivion_ltex.dat twice. I noticed there is a tes4qlod_tex folder in the archive. Did you mean to move that to the data folder?

I removed one of the tes4qlod_Oblivion_ltex.dat as it was an error to be listed twice. As for the tes4qlod_tex folder, it is necessary for the tes4ll_tes4qlod_cache.bat, and yes, the folder belongs in the Data directory. I'll review those instructions and make certain that is noted.

Hey, 

Thanks for this guide, i never played Morrowind before and only played Oblivion on console, so this is the perfect setup to play both games the way they should have been. 

I'm up to the end of the quest section and wanted to know if there is anyway to add Morrowind starts to Alternate beginnings?, and if not, is it ok to remove it or is it a master for the CR patch?

Thanks

Jim

I choose not to install the Alternative Beginnings mod. It is listed as Optional and has not ties to the crpatch.esp

I see that Oblivion Reloaded comes with a weather ESP, but I don't believe that the guide makes any mention of it. Should I use it or delete it?

Oblivion Realoaded's weather plugin is not compatible with the weather mods we have recommended for this guide.

This is entirely a personal preference. The only files needed for this guide are the ones listed in the steps I have laid out.

I removed one of the tes4qlod_Oblivion_ltex.dat as it was an error to be listed twice. As for the tes4qlod_tex folder, it is necessary for the tes4ll_tes4qlod_cache.bat, and yes, the folder belongs in the Data directory. I'll review those instructions and make certain that is noted.

Awesome thank you Diana!!!

Hey should we turn on the BSA extractor for MO for this guide? I am used to having it on as I prefer to load loose files. You mention to do it for Merge plugins for those who use Wrye Bash but for MO users I believe the Gamerpoets tutorial is expecting us to turn on the extractor. 

Lol I gave up on Wrye Bash for a while as I am too used to MO

Edited by Gilgamesh2k5

Hey should we turn on the BSA extractor for MO for this guide? I am used to having it on as I prefer to load loose files. You mention to do it for Merge plugins for those who use Wrye Bash but for MO users I believe the Gamerpoets tutorial is expecting us to turn on the extractor. 

Lol I gave up on Wrye Bash for a while as I am too used to MO

LOL, I did too. Wrye Bash was such a headache for me. But, to answer your question regarding Merge Plugins, yes, I turn on BSA extraction as well.

I choose not to install the Alternative Beginnings mod. It is listed as Optional and has not ties to the crpatch.esp

Thanks for the reply. I'll go ahead and remove that. Not sure how I missed the optional tag. Edited by Greg
Fixed the quote tag

hahaha glad to see I am not the only one. What about the BSA extractor in MO? The one we usually turn on as a rule of thumb for those who like loose files. Under settings and plugin tab, set to true.  

I do, but of course this is Optional for all users.

Link to the guide is dead.

It appears that STEP Wiki may be down at the moment.

I dont think the website is coming back any time soon... Kinda regret spending so much time on this guide for it to just poof on me 1/2 the way through.

Gonna just mod normal Morrowind so I can play Tamriel Rebuilt. Thanks anyways.