Error - Out of Memory

QuagaarWarrior

Question

Hi all,

Just looking for some assistance with my DynDOLOD installation. I am at the stage of running Dyn and every time I run it I get the following message:

Error while creating image data with params: Width=4096 Height=2048

Format=A8R8G8B8. Exception Message: Out of Memory

I don't suppose anyone can tell me what this relates to and what I need to do to fix it?

I have run Dyn successfully just last week. I then decided I wasn't happy with my trees mods so I deleted my existing tree mods (and their billboards), installed others, re-ran TexGen and now I'm trying to re-run Dyn but keep getting the above error message.

I have unticked my Bashed patch in MO. I have also unticked the 'Have MO manage archives' box.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks,

Something is going really wrong there. That is not really normal. Memory usage should go down again after each worldspace before starting the next. 3.1GB is sure the max a 32 bit application can use.

Consider restarting Windows. Since we never had such severe memory problems in the past I am not entirely sure about external influences... Aside of hardware problem (overclocking, CPU temps, memory timings, disk read errors) I can not imagine any third party program like an anti virus causing such troubles. It is also likely there is a memory leak or corruption in DynDOLOD (xEdit) that requires very specific circumstances.

If you like you could try to use DynDOLODx64.exe as it can it as much memory as Windows can supply. However that would require some work on your end, since you can not start it from within 32 bit MO. Either you would need to  re-create a manual installation or use MO2.

See if not changing LOD brightness changes anything.

Edited by sheson

If it can not fit billboards anymore than they are too large. The tree LOD texture atlas can not to be split into several files unlike the object LOD texture atlas. The max is 8192x8192 and the billboards for the wordspace can not all be placed into that dimension. If billboards have lots of different heights that are not multiples of 32 or 64 the packing routine may have a hard time placing them efficiently. Try resizing some billboards.

Edited by sheson

Hi sheson,

I re-downloaded EVT and Fantasy Forest Overhaul as well as their billboards. Re-ran TexGen and Dyn and it worked! Including Dreamborne Isles

Not using ultra trees though. Maybe I'll try the Ultra trees in a bit.

I have a suspicion that EVT and FFO and their billboards may have been run through Ordenador. Perhaps this was causing problems when producing the LODs in Dyn

EDIT: Something else I did on that last run was reactivate all the mods that had been deactivated by my Bashed patch.

I deleted my bashed patch, reactivated the ESPs in the right panel of MO and then ran TexGen and Dyn. Process completed successfully.

Edited by QuagaarWarrior