Bethesda Creation Club - 3rd Party DLC

EssArrBee

I understand the distinction, my point was just that these are only terms and there is no meaningful difference.

Sure, there's a development cycle involved and perhaps some of the way this stuff will be implemented will be 'cleaner'

... one of the 'DLC' they showed (as an icon in a shot of a menu) was 'survival mode' for Skyrim. Is anyone tempted to think that the Creation Club 'survival mode' 'DLC' will be as nuanced, detailed, and complete as Chesko's suite?

I'm not one of the 'outraged' but I will say that... to say 'not paid mods' and then show off crab armor 'DLC'... seems pretty disingenuous.

One of the major complaints with the previous paid modding system was the the quality/substance of mods available for purchase vs. that of free mods (if I remember correctly). To the consumer, this is literally the exact same thing under a different name.

Does it matter that crab armor went through a development cycle? Other than to call into question the decision-making capabilities of the people that approved and developed it?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even better - if it's all curated and approved by Bethesda, what does this mean for the MODDER'S vision of the content?

"Well, we like the idea, but we want a few tweaks made. Here's the list! *sets down a ream of type-written paper*"

"Uhm... it's my mod, and none of this is what I wanted or pitched to you?"

"We're paying you to develop this, and this is what we want. Have a nice day!"

Not sure it will be QUITE at that level (hopefully), but the creative freedom aspect has to be thought of as well.

Jim Sterling has been ranting about this is his recent Take-Two modding video, so I expect a fully informed report soon. If you don't know about him, he gets like 10k a month on Patreon to run his review site and play absolutely terrible trash games. 

Even better - if it's all curated and approved by Bethesda, what does this mean for the MODDER'S vision of the content?

"Well, we like the idea, but we want a few tweaks made. Here's the list! *sets down a ream of type-written paper*"

"Uhm... it's my mod, and none of this is what I wanted or pitched to you?"

"We're paying you to develop this, and this is what we want. Have a nice day!"

Not sure it will be QUITE at that level (hopefully), but the creative freedom aspect has to be thought of as well.

"This mod needs much more economic appeal!" but in a PR disguise obviously.

Edited by Guest