Enhanced High-Level Gameplay by Eric

Asimov

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=14449

"This mod is intended to expand upon Skyrim's late-game gameplay. Many enemies in the game do not have levels higher than 25-30, which means that the game's difficulty can drop after level 35 - right when the player is getting strongest! This mod adds a large quantity of enemies to Skyrim's autoleveling system for level 25+." - Eric

I don't think I will use it for a while since my characters are all really low level but for those who were looking for more challenges I thought I might bring this to your attention.

Does anyone know if someone is working on something like OOO? I haven't seen anything while surfing around.

I would love to see something like OOO. I haven't heard of anything like that yet, but I guess it is still relatively early days.

The levelling system is by far my biggest peeve with Beth games. For me, an important part of an RPG is that, depending on how far you've developed your character, sometimes you'll feel like a ninja, and other times you'll get splatted. When you are humiliated by the Orge Lich, you set off to level up, find a magic broadsword, and return to give him a damn good thrashing!

I actually stopped playing Oblivion at around level 15, until OOO came out, because every two-bit mugger was wearing magic armor and crushing my non-tank character. :@

What I kind of miss is what I got from daggerfall (my favorite Elder Scrolls), I still remember getting lost in a deep dungeon and running into an elder vampire at like level 6...then running screaming for my life all the way out.

I marked the spot and came back much much later and killed him. I just don't get this with Skyrim. The dragons are the only thing that scare me right now with Deadly Dragons, and I don't think that is balanced very well yet either. But they are the best so far. With OOO I remember running into Daedric creatures at low levels in area's I shouldn't be in. Very much miss that.

I have tried this mod myself not liking that no one could challenge my dragonborn in later stages of the game, and you will have to go back to carrying lots of potions so you don't die and run out of magika, like in the early parts of the game.

Skyrim is only a few months old, so I imagine in another year we'll be trying figure out some crazy FCOM setup. Really, STEP is the only thing holding my over until someone has truly massive overhaul of the way Skyrim plays.

Sadly, I haven't even gone past lvl 25. Started modding and on several occasions started a new game, so I don't know what it's like past that level yet. I believe things should be challenging through the entire process, so hopefully this, or other mods, will help provide that once I finally make it past 25. :)

Sadly, I haven't even gone past lvl 25. Started modding and on several occasions started a new game, so I don't know what it's like past that level yet. I believe things should be challenging through the entire process, so hopefully this, or other mods, will help provide that once I finally make it past 25. :)

Lol, same boat... currently level 2, again :whistling: So looking forward to next STEP and finally finding my optimal performance/quality setup so I can actually play rather than test!

The most frustrating thing is that at least 4 friends down the pub are playing the Xbox version and keep asking me "have you seen x", "do you know about y", "isn't z so cool!" Aaaargh!!! No I haven't been there, seen this, done that! Stop with the spoilers! ...

But my Skyrim does look beautiful :D

My only revenge is that every time they complain about some feature or glitch I get to say "Oh, there's a mod on the PC that fixes that" :)

The most frustrating thing is that at least 4 friends down the pub are playing the Xbox version and keep asking me "have you seen x"' date=' "do you know about y", "isn't z so cool!" Aaaargh!!! No I haven't been there, seen this, done that! [b']Stop with the spoilers! [/b]...

But my Skyrim does look beautiful :D

My only revenge is that every time they complain about some feature or glitch I get to say "Oh, there's a mod on the PC that fixes that" :)

That's exactly my hobby when with console-impaired friends :cool: :dance:

I can honestly say that those that haven't made it past lvl 25 haven't missed anything except the terrible gameplay degradation that happens shortly thereafter. Once you have a few shouts maxed out, and top level skills the game becomes ridiculously easy, the scaling is just terrible for upper levels the first 15 lvls are by far the hardest.

There are a few worthy competitors in this genre certainly PISE is the most established and the new dynamic addon to it ASIS is even more promising, but there is also HBE, Deadly Dragons and a few others I haven't tried yet.

Another extremely viable option is a mod that slows down leveling making it 3-5x slower, that would probably keep you from ever experiencing the high level blues. That would be a solution for a vanilla style game-play, ultimately though just the addition of some really tough, lore friendly, high level content would do it for me.

Another extremely viable option is a mod that slows down leveling making it 3-5x slower.

This is my preferred option at the moment. I find having the land fill up with epic monsters and ninjas is 'anti-immersive' (emergent?) I much prefer the more old school approach, where levels are won slowly and feel significant.

I'm all for epic monsters, so long as they are few and far between. Something to be said about epic encounters that are tough, but that offer higher rewards. Like MM, I don't want them roaming the country side like the common ant though.

And there should only be one ninja in the world. Me. :P