[ LIGHTING FIX ] Relighting Skyrim - Dawnguard Edition by --JawZ--

z929669

I really like the new lights. They are better than vanilla that RS uses most everywhere. All the shots you posted here were an improvement over vanilla too. I also agree with MontyMM, many of the white lights from larger flame sources should be fixed (hearths, fireplaces, campfires, etc). You are on the right track with what you are doing.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to have your approval as you seemed to be a bit picky on how the lights should be. But they are still to be considered as WIP lights as I haven't got the right coloring to them yet in my own opinion that is.

And some time in the near future I will try to implement a SkyProc patcher to the Relighting Skyrim mods, which will let the end user alter lights intensities depending on the current location and if it is a dungeon type or interior type cell those lights are in. This is still all in my head as I need re-learn everything I knew about scripting 6 years ago.

With the exception of this example (and those like that), I think that all of the RS changes are huge improvements. I think that Relighting Skyrim is the best candidate for inclusion in Core STEP, especially if it will be completed (and not suddenly changed in a very different way). Adding slightly more yellow to firelight would be fine though (as Monty indicated).

The important things are light source and light intensity and light temperature 'fixes' as well as shadow 'fixes'.

Stylistic changes are not a factor aside from the effects of the above.

With the exception of this example (and those like that), I think that all of the RS changes are huge improvements. I think that Relighting Skyrim is the best candidate for inclusion in Core STEP, especially if it will be completed (and not suddenly changed in a very different way). Adding slightly more yellow to firelight would be fine though (as Monty indicated).

The important things are light source and light intensity and light temperature 'fixes' as well as shadow 'fixes'.

Stylistic changes are not a factor aside from the effects of the above.

I think this was the same conclusion I came to over in the Official Lighting Thread.

Yep. I think that this should be seriously considered for 2.2.2 and definitely for a later release.

Just would like one more admin confirmation and confirmation by JaWs that nothing about their current methods will change much (i.e., that we can depend on a full Skyrim + DLC update at some point in the same style as current).

About that image you linked to there is a big hole in the roof with visible sky just above the fireplace. That is why I have placed a sun light bulb there, but if I remove it I can squeeze in somre more candle light bulbs instead.

And the current style will not change. The only changes I am going to make from the vanilla lighting is the color of the lights, the flickering, radius and brightness and of course the amount and placement of those lights. Nothing more nothing less.

And yes it will cover everything that have been released for Skyrim as of now. But I will however take a short break from modding for a while now. To "re-fuel" my modding desire. IT WILL BE COMPLETED!

I will personally use ERL/Extended Realistic Lighting to alter the imagespaces of Interiors, Dungeons and Weathers myself. Which is a seperate mod and as you might guess is based on Realistic Lighting with Customization. Before RLO that is.

While I like what I'm seeing here, I just haven't had time to actually play the game very extensively, and I think that a lighting overhaul needs that sort of experience. It would be silly of me to call for its immediate inclusion, though if others can testify, it could well be ready.

Modifying my previous statement: RL can and should be finished, unfinished, or stylistically altered in any way the design team desires. It will still be a serious consideration for Core STEP lighting, regardless. Just saying that such changes would prompt an independent evaluation.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I would update my current situation with Relighting Skyrim in case anybody is wondering about why there haven't been any updates of my RS mods lately.

I'm currently working on my ENB Weather Extended mod, Updating my Guide to ENB series mods and also adding and troubleshooting some of my new ENB coding.

The next update will be of Relighting Skyrim - Update and Dawnguard and will most likely happen in 1-2 weeks. It will cover new areas as well as an Non-Script version plus all the interiors will be optimized for better performance as well as light flickering fixes without the help of the JIT Script. Propably some other changes will occur in those updates as well.

Your welcome. I have actually answered that a few times both here and on the nexus but I will do it once more in this thread as well.

Yes the mods will be merged. The Relighting Skyrim by NovakDalton and Relighting Skyrim - Update by me will be merged first. Then I will start focusing my full attention on completing the Non-Script version and JIT-Script versions for the DLC's, go back and help NovakDalton out with the rest of the Skyrim cells that is left to do. And when all that is done I will do an automated installer for all of the mods and ask NovakDalton to merge our mod threads and mods together into that automated install folder which will let you choose which mods to install in the NMM for an example of Mod Managers, and/or do a separate merged DLC content esp file.

You have to remember though that not everyone have all the DLC's or will ever have all the DLC's. That is why both I and NovakDalton thought it would be best to have them separated to make the end user choose which mods to use based on the content they have installed. In the current state of Relighting Skyrim Series everyone can enjoy the new content introduced by me and NovakDalton not only those that have all the DLC files but for those that may only have say Dawnguard installed but no other DLC.

While it is fairly simple to merge the files together it would require that we extend our beta testing even longer for that extra mod with each update and for the moment I feel it's not worth the extended time frame of my BETA testing. I will do a simple to read and understand guide that takes the reader through the process of merging my and NovakDalton mods together and explain it in a way that if followed corectly will not cause any bugs or problems, but you will have to do the testing yourself. I have already tested to merge the files once with my RS - Update and NovakDalton's RS mod and it worked as I where to use the original files.

Also if in the future any would ask this here. Over at nexus there have been some request from a couple of users to separate the exterior changes and the interior changes in to 2 different files. NovakDalton have done so already with his v3.3a. Which I myself feels like it will create even more confusion and doing it so soon without having my own mods finished feels like I would have some unnecessary work above all the rest of the work involved with the Relighting Skyrim Series.

I have created a NMM installer for Relighting Skyrim now and will merge together my DLC and Update mod threads in to this new mod thread tomorrow;

Relighting Skyrim - DLC's and optionals

Or something like that. I think I will go with the Dawnguard mod thread and just rename it and alter the description pages and the rest of the stuff. No need to create an entirely new thread when I already have 4 to choose from ;)

Also NovakDalton will soon release a new update which I will merge together with my current RS - Update. And he will also be checking out this site and probably join, I think.