Heavy stutter when loading new cells in modded game

Spacebadger

Question

So whenever the game tries to load a new landscape cell, the game stutters from 60 anywhere down to 30 fps. This problem occurs on all bethINImpresets. Modlist and load order and ini's here https://modwat.ch/u/annie11234

The problem exists in the vanilla game, but is barely noticeable, never losing more than 4 frames. Texture mods seem to escalate the problem rapidly, to where a single 2k landscape mod makes it stutter down to the mid 40s

Enboost is on, reservedmemory=512, videomemorysizemb=10240 (whatever the max is, I can't remember)

Expandsystemmemoryusage=false

Reducesystemmemoryusage=true

Disabledrivermemorymanager=false

Disablepreloadtovram=true

Enableunsafememoryhacks=false

Enable compression=false

Running on windows 10

an i7 6700hq turboing to 3.2ghz

GTX 1060 6gb edition

16gb ram

Wierd thing is I modded skyrim heavily back in November, and I didn't have this problem. I don't think I used enboost or crashfixes , and I definitely did not use mod organizer. If you guys could help me thadptd be great, I've been working on this for almost a week now

Edited by Spacebadger

7 answers to this question

These stutters tend to happen when moving between cells due to the new cells, and their respective assets (textures etc.) , being loaded in. Obviously, higher resolution textures will have more of an impact, as will anything that adds a lot of new textures (SFO for example).

Couple of quick tips:

• Enable V-Sync
  • Increase the value of "reservedmemory"
  • Downgrade some textures (Any textures that are used a lot (skin / grass etc.) or you "don't really need high res" (4k flowers etc))
  • Check the "Stuttering" section of the STEP guide

Hopefully these will tide you over until someone better qualified turns up!

@Spacebadger

Pardon the interruption. I would be interested in the monitor technology you are using along with your GTX 1060.

Is it a G-sync monitor?

Thanks

It is not a g-sync monitor. The system is a late 2016 razor blade

These stutters tend to happen when moving between cells due to the new cells, and their respective assets (textures etc.) , being loaded in. Obviously, higher resolution textures will have more of an impact, as will anything that adds a lot of new textures (SFO for example).

Couple of quick tips:

• Enable V-Sync
  • Increase the value of "reservedmemory"
  • Downgrade some textures (Any textures that are used a lot (skin / grass etc.) or you "don't really need high res" (4k flowers etc))
  • Check the "Stuttering" section of the STEP guide
Hopefully these will tide you over until someone better qualified turns up!

I've already gone through that. It's unwise to raise reserve memory higher, vsync is on, all textures have been compressed to 2k, and I went through the stutter guide

On 6/25/2017 at 2:00 PM, Spacebadger said:

Its enboost. Just toggled it and it got rid of the cell load stutter

what do you mean you toggled it? like the stability patch or the vram? i am having this issue right now 5 years later : p