ENB is causing crash when starting new game

deathdragon

Question

Hello. I am not new to modding perse, but it has been a long while. Anyways, I tried and failed to get https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Darth_mathias/SRLE_Extended_Legacy_of_The_Dragonborn_Prerequisites working this weekend. I tried swearing at my computer, even threatening to give it a bath. That didn't help.

So I decided to nuke the whole game and start over from scratch again. I have been finishing one step at a time, then taking a short ride on the wagon to verify that it's working still. I get up to the part of adding the ENB, then it starts crashing on new game, right after I click yes. I have tried enb v0314 and v0292, both give the same result. The guide specifies v0.308, but that seems to not be available anymore. If I remove the enb files, I can ride the crummy wagon again.

I am not really lazy, so I have been googling around all day trying to get a solution. I have installed various dx runtimes, tried all kinds of different .enblocal edits. So far nothing worked.

I am on a win7 x64 machine, with 32GB RAM, i5 7500, and gtx 1070. I know it's not my rig, my old one with the 960 was much wimpier, and I had a heavily modded skyrim working on that thing. Any help would be much appreciated.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet