Freezing at making tamriel Atlas

cclaw

Question

Hello, I have recently completed my installation of S.T.E.P Extended 2.10.0. It was running very smoothly through the installation and i have been following the guide to the letter (Apart from the higher Resolution Textures) However DynDOLOD refuses to co-operate with me. I have been trying to find a solution for well over an hour and thus far made no substantial results. i have tried Un-ticking (For lack of a better word :)) the Bashed Patch and unistalled Gildergreen Regrown as this had helped another user. DynDOLOd just freezes at the production of the Tamriel Atlas and the only files are the textures and the meshes. It does not make a crash log for it so i cannot show you however i can show you my mod order and plug-in order. hopefully it can be fixed ion haste as i love the mod and really want it to work :) thank you for the help in advance 

- Cclaw

loadorder.txt

modlist.txt

plugins.txt

Did you uncheck "Have MO manage archives" and ensure all BSAs files are checked in the Archives tab (in the right pane) before running DynDOLOD? Did you also re-enable (check) the dummy plugins in the Plugins tab (in the right pane) before running DynDOLOD?

Disabling Gildergreen Regrown is nonsense, it is dynamic LOD with full models only - no relationship to the static object LOD texture atlas. If that actually would work, I suggest to scan the entire load order for error in xEdit and fix them as much as possible.

If doing the recommend unticking of bashed patch works, it means the same. It has errors that should be fixed.

Try these things that we have discussed here in the past couple of months a few times:

Try this test version https://mega.nz/#!Bc5gmArQ!IzFTE3LCFLYPSlXdUzfVXcs2YiVV0qy4-W3-L1_o7Hw

Set FasterBase=0 and/or FasterCreate=0 in DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_TES5.ini

Check this thread https://forum.step-project.com/topic/12183-error-out-of-memory/?hl=+out%20+memory

Make sure not to install DynDOLOD, the game, or anything else related to special Windows folders like Program Files etc.

If none of that helps, try to generate the problematic worldspace all by itself. If it runs through then, install output as normal. Then start DynDOLOD.exe with the DynDOLOD.esp in the load order and generate LOD for the remaining worldspaces. Install new output, overwriting any old output files, including DynDOLOD.esp.

Edited by sheson
  • +1 1

OK so far i have done the following: 

1) Installed the new test Version to 0 success

2) configured the ini file to what you said to also zero success

3) I did check to see if it was memory that was causing a problem and I found that it used about 30% of my CPU until however it reached the end where in fact it did use 99.8%

I will upload a screen shot on it now maybe it will help and then upload another one with evidence of it reaching 99%

- Thank you so much for your help so far :)

3) I did check to see if it was memory that was causing a problem and I found that it used about 30% of my CPU until however it reached the end where in fact it did use 99.8%

I will upload a screen shot on it now maybe it will help and then upload another one with evidence of it reaching 99%

https://imgur.com/a/b2eVP

https://imgur.com/a/b2eVP

https://imgur.com/a/4ntUW

There is nothing wrong with a program using 100% CPU. Do you mean it keeps working with high CPU usage forever?

Upload/Post DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\cache\DynDOLOD_SSE_tamriel_textures_used.txt

There is a chance one of the used textures is corrupt. Just maybe I can spot something.

Edited by sheson

here is the file you wanted - https://ufile.io/iosng

and it suddenly skyrockets to 100% CPU the stays there for creating the atlas then freezes and closes both MO and DynDOLOD i just thought that might have been maybe a tiny bit helpful info :)

I didn't find anything out of the ordinary in the file. Are you knowingly using any mods that update LOD textures?

DynDOLOD just closing without notice is weird. The fact that this also happens to MO is even more weird. This could either mean a cpu/memory hardware problem (overclocking, CPU temps) or something going on with MO virtual file system.

Check MO logs for an errors. ModOrganizer\logs\*.log

I would empty the folder first without MO running, then it is easier to just have the log which matters for the last run.

Obviously it would be best to try doing the same run without MO, but that requires some work... in case you know how to do it, give it a try, otherwise do not worry about it for now.

You could also try right clicking DynDOLOD in the task manager and change its "affinity" to use less cores or even only one to see if that makes a difference. You can do that any time, right after start or just shortly before it starts doing the atlas.

The last line of log shows us that it actually gets as far trying to start LODGen.exe, which is right after it creates the atlas. Do the atlas textures files in

D:\CHARLY\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Modding Tools\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\DynDOLOD\LOD\DynDOLOD_Atlas_Tamriel.dds and *_n.dds actually exist? I probably should have asked that earlier :)

Does the command prompt window ever spawn? There should be a new icon in taskbar.

If not something external seems to prevent it. Typically I would suspect something antivirus or UAC. It could be that Windows Event Viewer has a message.

If you can not find out anything that way, see if manually starting it shows us something.

First just use explorer and doubleclick LODGen.exe in D:\CHARLY\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Modding Tools\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\
A command prompt window should briefly open and close. It will create a short LODGen_log.txt in the same folder that should contain something like

Skyrim Object LOD Generator 1.5.0.0
Created by Ehamloptiran and Zilav
Updated by Sheson
Log started at 21:58:40
Nothing to do
Log ended at 21:58:41
Code: 1

If that worked without problems, try to run the command line it uses to generate LOD for Tamriel:

Open a command prompt (add binary C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe to MO Executables) and copy/paste (click c:\ icon top left of command prompt window, Edit, Paste, or enable quick edit mode to use right mouse button) this single line and see what happens when you try to execute

"D:\CHARLY\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Modding Tools\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\LODGen.exe" --inputfile "D:\CHARLY\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Modding Tools\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_TES5_Tamriel.txt" --logfile "D:\CHARLY\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Modding Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_TES5_Tamriel_log.txt" --dontFixTangents --removeUnseenFaces --skyblivionTexPath

See what happens.

Edited by sheson

YES it has in fact worked the problem was the antivirus blocking DynDOLOD access to Command Prompt thank you sosososososo much for your help as this is a truly great mod and you have been amazing i can never truly tell you how greatful i am :) :) :)